• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

What's Your Favorite Sounds?

The Peanut Gallery

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I always find this question to be a good ice-breaker. It's not something a lot of people are asked on a regular basis & personally, I believe it shares a different side to ourselves.

So on that note, what's your favorite sound? It could be anything that pops in your head. From the simplest thing to something a bit more obscure.

For me, my favourite sound is the sound of a pack of wolves howling at night. Whenever, I'm camping I absolutely adore hearing it. Especially if I'm camped out by a lake because then it's really amplified & glorious. A lot of my friends say they find that sound creepy but for me, it's relaxing & it really grounds myself. It could honestly lull me to sleep.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I always find this question to be a good ice-breaker. It's not something a lot of people are asked on a regular basis & personally, I believe it shares a different side to ourselves.

So on that note, what's your favorite sound? It could be anything that pops in your head. From the simplest thing to something a bit more obscure.

For me, my favourite sound is the sound of a pack of wolves howling at night. Whenever, I'm camping I absolutely adore hearing it. Especially if I'm camped out by a lake because then it's really amplified & glorious. A lot of my friends say they find that sound creepy but for me, it's relaxing & it really grounds myself. It could honestly lull me to sleep.

I like the sounds of train whistles, from the very old steam locomotives. There was a wide range of tones and pitches from the various ones. YouTube has some interesting recordings, fyi.

John park hopper

Have to agree with Minnie the sound of a steam locomotive. It's more than a machine when it starts out it comes to life. I can remember as a kid the Long Island Railroad what a sound

DisAl

A real live multi-chime steam whistle, whether on a train or a steamboat. (Not one of the single chime tweet whistles like they use on European and English steam trains.)

Sans Souci

The sound of walking in the snow, just after it has stopped. Everything sounds muted and all you can hear is snow crunching underfoot.

I have a stream that runs past on one side of my house. I like to sit in my yard and listen to that.

I don't know what causes it, but I think it's a tractor trailer shifting gears. I like the way it sounds in the distance.

Marimba/Xylophone

Drumlines

Songs with driving/assertive bass guitar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom