What's Your Favorite Fantasyland Slow Ride??

Best Fantasyland Slow Ride??

• It's A Small World

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Peter Pan's Flight

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • Snow White's Adventures

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 26 27.1%

• Total voters

Brett

Original Poster
Fantasyland is known for one thing...the great slow ride that lets you live the movies. I always wondered what everybody thought was the best. My personal favorite is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, even though it's gone. :)

Ariel

Ever since my first trip Peter Pan has been my favorite and no matter how long the line I always wait. I just love when you're flying over London!!

dopey

i'm with ariel. peter pan is by far the coolest, though i think the sail gets in the way.

i think i speak for millions when i say it's a small world is the least favorite. my mother once got stuck on it for nearly an hour. she was tempted to swim to the exit.

on the bright side, my kids now love visiting their grandmother because she has a really neat room with super bouncy walls!

that said, i would never miss an opportunity to go on it's a small world. but pp is the best.

WDW-Imagineer

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride will always be my favorite "dark ride", but my Peter Pan's Flight would be my favorite, current "dark ride". I love the London scene (one of my most favorite parts of any ride).

Tramp

I voted for Mr. Toad's too...but...actually they're all about equal for me....except for that nerve-racking 'Small World.' The song drives me nuts....over and over and over and over....arghhh! Where's my gun? ;)

Originally posted by Tramp
I voted for Mr. Toad's too...but...actually they're all about equal for me....except for that nerve-racking 'Small World.' The song drives me nuts....over and over and over and over....arghhh! Where's my gun? ;)

How can you say that about It's a Small World?:eek: This tune is world famous and I always leave humming it!

Brett

Original Poster
You're so right about the Small World tune, it's fine for about a minute and then ride just won't end! ACK!

tigger1968

I voted for Mr. Toad because I loved that ride as a kid. Since it's gone, I would have to go with Peter Pan.

As far as Small World goes, we ride it every trip, but I think its a law or something, isn't it? If you don't, I think Mickey, Goofy, and Donald jump you on your way back to your hotel room and pelt you with rocks. :p :p :p

Brett

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigger1968
As far as Small World goes, we ride it every trip, but I think its a law or something, isn't it? If you don't, I think Mickey, Goofy, and Donald jump you on your way back to your hotel room and pelt you with rocks. :p :p :p

It's true! My close friend didn't ride Small World once and this happened to him!

M

Mr Lightbeer

Mrs Lightbeer's all time favourite is the Peter Pan ride it was my favourite book as a kid, I loved the film and thought I was tinkerbell, come to think of it I'd still like a fairy dress and a pair of wingsI wonder does old Lightbeer want to fly

Ariel

You CAN fly, you CAN fly, you CAN fly......I think they sell those costumes right in the Magic Kingdom don't they??? :)

Kontra

I love Peter Pan, but the ride does not do the film just. I would like to see a huge e-ticket attraction made out of Peter Pan. If anybody remembers my Neverland park idea, that's what I had in mind. Also, a while back there was discussion on what to do with the 20,000 Seas Lagoon and someone mentioned to add in a Ct. Hook show with the ship and all, that's also part of my Neverland idea. I think that Peter Pan has such great nostalgic feels in it that only a park could really express them.

Sire_Bobbie

How can anybody not vote for IaSW?:rolleyes:

It has the best song:D

It has the little Dutch dolls;)

and you get to sing the song for the rest of your life:D :D :D :D

racoonze

Small World

Woah! You guys are really missing it on Small World. With the exception of Pirates and Haunted Mansion... Small World shows the highest artistic achievement and the most thoroughly realized application of any other ride in the park. It flawlessly applies a design motif over many of the wonderful cultures around the world.

I'd searched high and low for a recording of the area music for that ride. Thanks to Napster I got a copy. That instrumental from the queue area is very stirring for me.

I am very particular about the music I listen to. Many disagree with me. But my small amount of formal training tells me just how marvelously the Sherman Brothers and others since developed the various harmonizations. Its true that is is a contagious song. Once in a while I get a lousy song in my head. I use Sm Wld as a tool. I stop, hum a few bars, and I'm immediately whisked away to sunny Florida. And that song will knock any other out of your head.

Plus, I am a designer for film and media by trade and I learned many theatrical tricks from that ride.

OK... let me have it.

rac

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom