Whats your experience been with Whispering Canyon Cafe???

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Planning to add WCC to our DDP plan and have heard some great stuff. How's the food? Is the 'entertainment' really worth it? :shrug:

TURKEY

Planning to add WCC to our DDP plan and have heard some great stuff. How's the food? Is the 'entertainment' really worth it? :shrug:

To me, it's not really worth using a table service meal. I think the food is really quite good and an enjoyable place, but there are many other places that are better to use your table service credits at.

reubenco

Sorry to put you on the spot, but what places in the resorts do you think are better?

We're looking for a table service place to have lunch on the day we will be exploring the resorts (Boma or Ohana for dinner)
Where would you suggest?

TURKEY

Sorry to put you on the spot, but what places in the resorts do you think are better?

We're looking for a table service place to have lunch on the day we will be exploring the resorts (Boma or Ohana for dinner)
Where would you suggest?

I'm not sure if you are talking about using the dining plan or not as you aren't the original poster.

I don't think there are any places that I would use the dining plan for lunch in any of the resorts.

If you are looking at using 2 table service meals on the dining plan the same day, I would splurge and possibly go to Jiko.

As far as paying out of pocket, I think Whispering Canyon is well worth it. The skillet is about $16 - with all entrees of maybe $1-2 more or cost less than that.

tigsmom

We love the WCC, especially for the skillet breakfast. It is not for everyone though, you need to be able to deal with a loud atmosphere, people bothering you while you eat and wanting to interact back. It's good for families with small kids because they can be noisy and don't really need to sit still so as to not bother others. They have the Pony Express Races that the kids love (kids of all ages that is :lookaroun ).

My family finds the BBQ skillet a bit too smoky for our liking, but the other foods on the menu are yummy too. Lunch is good for a salad/soup & or sandwich.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What tigsmom said....except for the BBQ being too smokey.

I absolutely love the place. We go on almost every trip. We even make our way there if we are in Orlando for something other than Disney. We have found the cast to be a bit rowdier at breakfast but the food is great regardless of what meal you go for.

Jessie&Buzz

I'm so glad to hear good things about WCC. We were just talking about it at dinner tonight. We plan on going the day we go to MNSSHP. We plan on eating a late breakfast then swimming before heading to MK for the party.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm so glad to hear good things about WCC. We were just talking about it at dinner tonight. We plan on going the day we go to MNSSHP. We plan on eating a late breakfast then swimming before heading to MK for the party.
Ask for MT to be your server. She ain't quick but she is a hoot.

PotteryGal

Don't forget to ask for ketchup. :D

We really loved it - loved the food, atmosphere, everything. But it does get loud - there are pony stick rides for the kids, for example - so if you want a quiet meal, look elsewhere.

The skillet breakfast is yummy and atmosphere is fun, just be prepared for the antics... They had my 70+++ year old Grandmother coloring! The servers do seem to be able to guage how "into" the entertainment you are and respond accordingly.

lbrad

Our family of 5 loved the WCC....ate dinner there on our last trip.
Great atmosphere, pleasant service, good food (moderately priced).
Bit noisey!!! WL is a beautiful resort. We walked the grounds after dinner. Watched the Geyser, took the boat to the CR...one of our best evenings:)

kimmychad

the service seems slow to me usually. and while i admit the atmosphere is fun and upbeat, simple things take way too long. the last time it took almost 2 hours for breakfast. just a little too long for what it is

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
These are great tips! Thanks!:wave:

It's a fun place for many (myself included). We went with a big group in June. The 3,5, and 7 year old loved it. Five of the six adults had a good time. The other adult really just wanted to eat in quiet and didn't like the atmosphere.

Remember, ask for "a little coke, " if you're a soda drinker and you want a refill. :D

kelsar

If you're going specifically for that loud, raucous experience, be sure to go during normal dining hours. We went mid-afternoon, and the place was empty, so we didn't experience any of the fun. We asked our waitress for ketchup and she simply brought out a bottle and plopped it down; she couldn't be bothered with the standard routine. I suppose there weren't enough people in the place to make it work.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I've been twice and enjoyed it both times. Others have given you the lowdown -- it can be loud and silly, and if you're looking for a quiet place where you can have a calm conversation over dinner, try somewhere else. But the food is pretty good, and if the atmosphere sounds fun to you, you'll enjoy it.

BRER DAD

We love it there!! The food is great and the entertainment is wonderful. It gets loud and a little chaotic but thats what we go for. With three kids in tow, know one seems to notice if they get a little out of hand. :)

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
rope.gif

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom