Whats your Disney parks dress style?

Tink0102

For me I will be very casual. Shorts (even though I am glaringly white) and tee shirts or old navy tanks with either flip flops or my sneakers. Minimal make up( cause I will just sweat it off anyway) and some sort of Sun hat which means I won't spend a lot of time on my hair either. Of course for our dinner reservations I will take more time and care to be more presentable.
We have some friends going with us and I know the other woman will be more "dressed up" for the parks than I will. This just got me thinking about what your park dress style was.
Yes, I am 25 days away from the world and am in full Disney mode and don't want to think about work.

disneygirl1

We dress very comfy casual! I pretty much wear short and tanks during the day with flip flop or sneakers and in the evening I will go with shorts and a dressy top with sandals. I don't wear much make up to begin with so I stick to the same routine in Disney! :D As for my hair... UGH!! I have such thick curly hair, but I wear it straight, so with the Florida heat, I constantly feel like I am blow drying it and flat ironing it when I ever get the chance! LOL! I know when I been taking too long on my hair b/c my little one will start the complaining that I'm STILL doing my hair!

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Shorts, tees, tennis shoes & socks on the warmer days and jeans, tees, tennis shoes & socks on the colder days. (We go in either January or February). Most of our tees are Disney related. We each have a zip up hooded Disney sweatshirt for those cold days or evenings.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Casual during the day in a cute tank or disney tshirt and shorts. I will wear sneakers during the day.. or my favorite flip flops- sanuk yoga mat ones! I will bring my Sperry Topsiders for the evenings. Cute casual clothes in the evenings when dining. We go in November so the evenings can be a bit chilly so I always dress a little warmer.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

For me I will be very casual. Shorts (even though I am glaringly white) and tee shirts or old navy tanks with either flip flops or my sneakers. Minimal make up( cause I will just sweat it off anyway) and some sort of Sun hat which means I won't spend a lot of time on my hair either. Of course for our dinner reservations I will take more time and care to be more presentable.
We have some friends going with us and I know the other woman will be more "dressed up" for the parks than I will. This just got me thinking about what your park dress style was.
Yes, I am 25 days away from the world and am in full Disney mode and don't want to think about work.
I'm an Old Navy girl and a hat (my head sunburns easily). I do put on makeup- as a FL gal I found a combo that stays on for most of the day. Preferably shorts with lots of pockets-I'm over carrying a backpack- tanks or burn out tees. Dressing up is not for playing in the parks IMO :D

Upvote 0

Aurora1

Comfortable but cute is my go to! I love sundresses, but I have a rule for Disney- I will only wear sundresses in parks where I won't get soaked. So, if I plan on going on KRR or Splash, I won't wear them those days! I also pick out my outfits before I go.. I'm one of those nuts that likes to know exactly what I'll wear & how I'll look for my photo ops!

Upvote 0

armyfamilyof5

We wear shorts, the ladies wear capris, short sleeves in the summer & long sleeves in the winter. I wear crocs or Alegria as that's all I can wear, everyone else wears Nike's or leather flip flops depending on where we go. My college aged daughter differs the most as she will wear everything from a short dress with cowboy boots to short overalls with leather sandals (think ala' Jennifer Aniston back in the day). I wear makeup for special occasions only, I was raised to be a Southern lady I've always taken GREAT care of my skin and make pains to never clog my pores with foundations and such, during the hot weather I put my hair up as it is super thick and somewhat naturally curly as do both my girls. Don't let what someone else does or wears impact your comfort on vacation. Just smile as you watch the sweat melt the foundation of her chin and plan according to what suits YOU. On the other hand my mother never ever never sweats, never wears deodorant and always smells like Dove soap but I try not to let that bother me, LOL!

Upvote 0

Missy_May

We usually wear some type of khaki short, t-shirts and tennis shoes. Sometimes my hubby does a polo. I was shocked when we went to Disneyland in January how many people were in sweats or yoga pants. Not really my idea of appropriate attire for public outings.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

For a good laugh take a look at how people dressed for the parks in the 60s & 70s. Slacks and button ups baby! How things have changed, some better and some worse ..

Upvote 0

WLBound

We go totally casual, shorts and t-shirts (lots of Disney ones!). I find ponytails to be the best hair style because it keeps me cooler since I have long hair and the bonus is I can use the pony to help anchor my ballcap. We are doing two dress casual dinners so we will have to take something a little nicer for those meals. We don't do sandals in the park anymore after we got one of those dorky tourist sunburns on our feet (guess where we forgot to put the sunscreen) but we love them for around the resort.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Hmmmmm..Well my Disney park outfits are casual,but smart. From the top down..WDW baseball cap..( bought the first day,always get new one ) Ray Ban shades ( Heres Johnny ) designers..Old Navy T- Shirt ( sister in law sends us 3 new ones for every trip,L.A.resident ) Light weight shorts ( various colours ) and my trusty Merrell Flip Flops..;)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

I tend to obsess about outfits b/c I want the pictures to come out great. If you look at my trip reports, you will see my DH and I wear coordinating colored outfits and I would say the style is during the day - casual and fun and evening, more dressy. Typically shorts, capris, sundresses, etc. Can I give everyone a tip that my best friend gave me? I used to have the hardest time wearing sundresses at the park during the day - and she SAVED me with this tip! To avoid any "irritation" put deodorant on your thighs so there is no friction and rubbing that causes discomfort. I used to never be able to wear skirts and sundresses and now wear them every day!!!! She saved me!!! :)

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

When it comes to the parks, I try to dress as cool and as comfy as I can, but still find myself wanting to look decent for fear I will look like one of those you see on people of Wal-Mart sites. So for me its usually shorts and either tank tops or t-shirts of some sorts. We do however have one night where the hubby and I try to enjoy an evening out, in which case I bring a casual but nicer sundress or something to go out to. Either way its always about trying to keep it cool and comfy...Its a lot of walking.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom