What's your Disney Decorating Style?

KCheatle

Original Poster
There are little touches of Disney all over our home. But, I have to admit that my Disney Decorating Style is kind of different because I pride myself on incorporating my Disney touches discreetly. For example, I have a picture frame from Disney on our fireplace mantel that is wooden, and has a Mickey silhouette in it, but you wouldn't really see it unless you knew what it was. In the frame is a close-up of my daughter's face on the teacups. Again, my family knows exactly where that photo was taken, but unless someone asked, they wouldn't realize what that picture was. And, when we were finishing basement, we thought about incorporating hidden mickeys, but never really followed through. I regret that :(

But, I'm wondering, what's your Disney decorating style? And, out of curiosity, has anyone tried to incorporating bigger Disney touches-like the lights in the walkway at EPCOT on a back porch or something??

belledream

Our house is filled with Disney...I'm not the best interior decorator yet...so I kinda just threw all our Disney pictures and memorabilia everywhere. I have my working Lumiere candlestick and Cogsworth clock, our silhouettes we got as souvenirs, and Disney countdown/postcards/paintings everywhere. I might have a problem...

mf1972

we have some things spread around our home. like medium sized plushes sitting at the top of our sofa. use of many coffee mugs for us & guests. dinnerware, etc
surprisingly never got around to hanging much of our pics on the walls. some, but not many. have to work on that.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
All the Disney decorations in my house are entirely in my room. I've got plushes of my favorite characters on my bed, my pin collection and Art of Disney drawings on the walls, some Funko POP figures and vinylmations, and my personal favorite: a Bambi theatrical poster.

catmandoo

We went opposite of most of these, and just went all out in one room... I painted the walls in colors reminiscent of the Castle... and then just put everything we had in there.
11351305_10155619188880277_8521242661427069292_n_zpsvursqowi.jpg

11401020_10155619189680277_547053525864196218_n_zps723hznrm.jpg

10363773_10155619189945277_4996027442975798958_n_zpshgrwtcco.jpg
11425504_10155619189605277_2669230634615622904_n_zps2lyfedwf.jpg

11425106_10155619189500277_4332900174596401273_n_zps7iimgmmi.jpg
18890_10155619189215277_530404952220294657_n_zpsqrbihxqw.jpg
11401456_10155619189145277_4620960836618859155_n_zpsmweuaqf3.jpg

Schneewittchen

I am just starting down the Disney decor road because my DH doesn't seem inclined to stop me. I'm going for more of a nostalgic, futurist, mid-century kitsch style.

I already had a ton of Disney toys, stuffies, bath towels, plates, cups and bowls for the kids - but that stuff is almost disposable.

For the adults, I bought a set of vintage-style MK plates and glasses over the winter. We use them pretty frequently. And I've got some Mary Blair art on order for the living room. I figure over time my house will resemble the Grand Canyon Concourse circa 1971.

yensid67

I am not the best when it comes to decorating my apartment, but what I DID have in my bedroom was nothing but Disney pictures all over the wall...all four walls were covered from the half-way point up to ceiling height with Disney pictures I ordered, printed out from computer to the Eyes and Ears cast member papers. Now that I am GROWN UP, I put those things away in storage(under the bed) and just have a wall in my living room with a Donald Duck statue, Disney quote plagues, a movie poster size picture of Walt standing in his office doorway with shadow of Mickey on the wall beside him and a Partners statue. Nothing special just a nod to my cast member days at Disney World!

I love having little pieces of Disney throughout our home! I have several framed prints along with plaques with Walt Disney quotes hanging in our breakfast room. I have snapshots of our family from Disney trips in frames bought in the park sitting about. Several years ago we surprised my daughter by making a "girl cave" out of a spare bedroom. We covered one section of a wall with round mirrors in different sizes. We put a hidden Mickey in there just to see if she would notice - and, of course, she did!

MississippiBelle

Right now, my style is very similar to the OP's and will probably stay that way. I have several of the hand drawn character sketches in nice wood frames that will end up in our nursery way way in the future. I also have several pictures of my family from recent trips scattered about. When we buy our first house, I definitely want to incorporate subtle touches here and there, mostly because my future DH isn't a huge Disney fan (the horror :jawdrop:... i know...)

jrogue

I would like to see pictures for inspiration if anyone has them! Loving @catmandoo 's Disney room! :) I am currently decorating my apartment and would like as much inspiration as possible -- including the subtle touches!

AndyS2992

I like subtle touches. I've been to some houses where they have gone completely over the top and it looks awful and I can't help but cringe. There is doing something tastefully, and then there is just down right tacky.

DisneyFans4Life

We have what I'll call "more than subtle" decorations all over the house. We have the large Beauty and the Beast puzzle in a large frame upstairs, our kitchen has a Mickey teapot and spoon holder on the stove with a picture of Mickey on the wall. Our living room has Disney frames on the wall and on the TV cabinet. Don't even get me started with the many Disney stuffed animals that my daughter has lol.

DfromATX

I don't have any Disney decorations in my house (I know, shame on me), but I do have Disney Christmas yard decorations and this year I won 3rd place in our neighborhood contest! At Home Depot they were selling what looked like the castle (not official Disney though). They also had something that looked like it could have been Cinderella's carriage, but I think it was supposed to be a big ornament. I bought the castle, but when I got it home and put it together, it was so flimsy I had to take it back. This was our first Christmas in our new house so I had to throw together what I already had, but I plan to go all out this coming Christmas. I want first place, Baby! :p

DisneyGigi

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We have a dedicated Disney room, full on Disney. Throughout the house small touches, frames, door knockers, mirrors etc, but at Christmas we go all out both inside and out. I love my lights on the house that DH drew and made for me. My fave room in the house is my Disney room. :)

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

We fully deck the house out in Disney for Christmas and Halloween. We also decorate OURSELVES regularly by wearing Disney clothes. I'm also a baptist preacher and my favorite way to decorate myself is to wear my Mickey ties on Sundays. Well that and all my vast collection of Ducktales shirts. It really helps me connect to little kids too. My wife also loves to wear her Disney Pandora beads and her Dooney and Burke purses that are so expensive that once you buy them you have no need for them because you don't have any money to carry. LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom