What's up with Disney site?

sjead

Original Poster
I was attempting online check-in today and the site is saying it can't retrieve ressie at this time. :shrug: I am also not able to pull up the ressie on the site. I have not had this problem before and was able to book and pay for our trip on the site. I did make our dining ressies over the phone, however, and made all changes and re-checked times the same way. The only difference I see on the site is that instead of asking for a phone number and confirmation number, they are asking for confirmation number, name, resort and check in date. Is this a technical issue or should I call and check? I would really like to check in online if possible. Thanks for any info!!!!!

nepalostparks

Definitely call and verify the information is correct.

Disney's website is always having problems, whether they are doing 'scheduled maintenance' or not. I couldn't access my reservation online after making it... online... for a good three weeks. For as good as Disney design, attention to detail, and customer service can be, they don't seem to focus much of that magic on their website.

Good luck, and enjoy your trip!

hpyhnt 1000

Whats up with the Disney website? Your answer is in the question: its the Disney website. :lol: :brick:

Yeah, you want to call and speak to someone. I wouldn't trust Disney's online info when it comes to anything. Park hours and festival dates maybe, but everything else, no way.

Beccone

I was having the sme problem when I tried checking in online on Thursday morning. I just waited until that night and all was fine. If you try again and it still doesn't work, then I'd definately call.

sjead

Original Poster
First - CALL DISNEY. In particular, have them check your Res to insure that a PHONE NUMBER was associated with it. Then? Have them check to insure your NAME is spelled correctly, there IS A RESORT associated with the reservation, and the DATES are correct. Too often, a reservation ends up with blank (null) fields.

Disney does not have a web site. They have multiple, disjointed web sites that have different requirements, don't communicate well, and often can not access the reservation DB. CALL - have a CM, armed with your data, attempt to do what you are trying to do.

By the way - don't bother with "Contact Us". I've gotten nothing but inane answers going that route :) My favorite is WDWs claim that their site doesn't work with IE :)

Thanks for the advice. I have had problems with the "site" on and off for years but they usually resove within a few hours. This particular problem lasted for over 12 hours so I became concerned. I did indeed call and everything is good to go to try the online check in later today.

In the same vein, you would think that a massive company that deals with the public on a huge scale would be able to come up with a more user friendly website. . . but that's the way the Mickey bar melts I suppose. :animwink:

nepalostparks

In the same vein, you would think that a massive company that deals with the public on a huge scale would be able to come up with a more user friendly website. . . but that's the way the Mickey bar melts I suppose. :animwink:

You would think. It's funny... when people ask me for what websites to visit for Disney information, Disney's official website is never one I mention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom