What's up with BK?

Terp02

Original Poster
Hey all!

I haven't posted since the summer and have only been checking the updates on the site.

So I was wondering, what's going on with Beastly Kingdom or has there been nothing since the summer?

Hope everyone had happy Holidays!

Sketch105

Sadly to say, there hasn't been a roar nor a peep from this project. It seems to be in the dust right now. After Reign of Fire died at the American box office, the project rumours sort of died with it.

As you can tell by my icon, I'm a Beastly Kingdom optimist. I bet on seeing something pop up sometime in the future.

Right now, we can look forward to Forbidden Mountain rising up over in Asia.

ToTBellHop

Do not expect to see Beastly Kingdom any time before 2010. There's always a chance that we'll get lucky and have it built first, but it seems most likely that a single e-ride will be built instead, which would push any new land back until at least, as I said, 2010 or so.

WDWspider

Basically BK seems scrapped now and rather the mythical creatures will instead be incorporated into each land as we will soon see with the Forbidden Mountain in Asia that should include a Yeti. I am extremly skeptical that a BK will ever come about at this point, and rather this is the way Disney will approach concepts and ideas originally for that land.

I don't mind this concept too much since it leads way for more lands in AK and more animals, but still have some cool "land" specific creatures in rides as well.

ToTBellHop

Well, dragons need to make an entrance in this park at some point, since they have been on both the park logo and marquee from day 1...and it's the reason most guests originally were interested in an animal themed park--to get to see dragons, unicorns, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom