What's This Wilderness Lodge Music Loop Track?

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Hey friends, I need you ears, literally. We just got back from WDW recently and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. As I'm sure a few of you know, the WL has added a few tracks to the loop. The old tracks are still there but there's new ones mixed in. This is one of them. I would love to get the name of it, as It definitely sounds to me like it's from an action movie, but my Shazam and Sound Hound can't identify it. I'm hoping someone has heard it before and is familiar with it. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thank you!! F.R.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hey friends, I need you ears, literally. We just got back from WDW recently and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. As I'm sure a few of you know, the WL has added a few tracks to the loop. The old tracks are still there but there's new ones mixed in. This is one of them. I would love to get the name of it, as It definitely sounds to me like it's from an action movie, but my Shazam and Sound Hound can't identify it. I'm hoping someone has heard it before and is familiar with it. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thank you!! F.R.

I believe it's the Theme from The Magnificent Seven.

Which has been part of the BGM...

See video notes.

Cosmic Commando

It was really hard to hear in the original video, but I’m thinking 90s movie soundtrack for some reason. Especially the part at the beginning sounds familiar.

Cosmic Commando

If it’s not this, it’s close. Could be the same composer or another sports movie. Listen especially to the dramatic bits from around 11:00 when you get to the end of the movie.

Edit: After listening on a PC, it's definitely Mighty Ducks, even if the specific piece isn't in that video. I think the bit starting at around 12:50 is very close, though.

Last edited:

YankeeMouse

I know they play the theme there from Dances With Wolves (Kevin Costner movie) but this isn't it. Maybe it's part of the background music from that? Pretty weak of me, sorry :)

Cmdr_Crimson

If you are of a "certain age," you will recognize it as the theme for Marlboro cigarettes.

"Come to where the flavor is; Come to Marlboro country."
giphy.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

If it’s not this, it’s close. Could be the same composer or another sports movie. Listen especially to the dramatic bits from around 11:00 when you get to the end of the movie.

Edit: After listening on a PC, it's definitely Mighty Ducks, even if the specific piece isn't in that video. I think the bit starting at around 12:50 is very close, though.

giphy.gif

zurgandfriend

I am told that the list below is the Wilderness Lodge Loop, over the years I have recognized much of the music but I never sat down listened to the entire loop.

The Buffalo Hunt by John Barry
Creation from The Way West by Brian Keane
III: Grand Canyon Suite: On The Trail by Leonard Bernstein
Main Theme from 'Silverado' by Bruce Broughton
Main Theme from 'Last of the Mohicans' by Trevor Jones
Main Theme from 'The Magnificent Seven' by Elmer Bernstein
Main Title from 'The Big Country' by Jerome Moross
Prelude from 'How The West Was Won' by Alfred Newman
Prelude from 'Wyatt Earp' by James Newton Howard
Ride to Fort Hays by John Barry
Rodeo: I. Buckaroo Holiday by Leonard Bernstein
Sand Creek Memories by Peter Kater
Theme for Earth Day by John Williams
Theme from 'Duel In The Sun' by 101 Strings Orchestra
Top of the World by Randy Edelman & Trevor Jones
The Wave by Randy Edelma

Father Robinson

Original Poster

Thank you so much! Nailed it!!! My hat's off to you!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom