What's This? A January's End EPCOT/Tiny DTD Update????

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
...Why yes. Yes it is.

Evening, everyone, and tonight, I bring forth some notes from a wonderful trip at EPCOT and DTD today.

Pics will come probably around the mid-week, being that I will be busy tomorrow all day, (Parent's Birthday. :D).

So, without further ado...

EPCOT

• Forecast called for a horribly windy day today, which meant the park was next to being EMPTY. :sohappy:
  • With Christmas over and out and from recent Florida frosts, landscaping has definitely improved in both FW and WS. For example, cluttered shrubs have been given way to mulch and small potted palms in Inno West. Also, spring flowers are in bloom everywhere, especially the pansies.
  • Interestingly, spotted a large LAL tile piece hung outside Guest Relations, only to find that there's a wall near one of the entrance monuments. And right next to my tile! While the placement is odd overall, I think "some" are going to jump the gun here... :lookaroun
  • Several Monorail beams have been scrubbed and cleaned in FW East. Looks brand spankin' new!
  • Cantina construction hasn't changed or extended much, from what I read. However, it's massive in person. It extended from the one end near Taqueria Del Lago (the Mexican eatery from the F&WF?) next to it all the way to the Ring Carver station. Estimate? 30-40 feet in length. Oh, and that tree scrim does a good job when it's viewed across WS Lagoon. For the most part.
  • The Italy pizzeria construction is still the same as from previously posted pics. And the size is huge! The darn thing better be CS. :lookaroun

DTD - Marketplace

• The Goofy Glaciers character cups are no more. Instead of personalizing from the five different characters, it's just one plastic tube cup. How original. :rolleyes:
  • Lefty's the Left Hand Store... I LOL'd. Hard.
  • Not so sure, but probably had some painting done in some stores.

And that's about it. :wave:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Thanks for the update. I'm glad they've started the recovery process for the plants and shrubs damaged by the cold......

rabbit1

• The Italy pizzeria construction is still the same as from previously posted pics. And the size is huge! The darn thing better be CS. :lookaroun

Since it's run by the same company that runs Naples Ristorante at Downtown Disney at Disneyland, I expect it will have both a counter service and a sitdown area, with pizza and sandwiches available for CS and a more extensive menu including pasta at the sitdown restaurant. Of course, with Tutto Italia Ristorante also there and run by the same company, I'm not sure how that will change things -- Tutto will probably be offered as the more upscale menu and dining experience.

raven

Interestingly, spotted a large LAL tile piece hung outside Guest Relations, only to find that there's a wall near one of the entrance monuments. And right next to my tile! While the placement is odd overall, I think "some" are going to jump the gun here... :lookaroun

The wall is up because someone ran into the stone on 3rd shift with a utility vehicle. That happened before Christmas as well. :brick:

Cantina construction hasn't changed or extended much, from what I read. However, it's massive in person. It extended from the one end near Taqueria Del Lago (the Mexican eatery from the F&WF?) next to it all the way to the Ring Carver station. Estimate? 30-40 feet in length. Oh, and that tree scrim does a good job when it's viewed across WS Lagoon. For the most part.

The new venue has been quoted by Disney that it will seat 400 guests when complete. The new pizza restaurant in Italy will seat 300.

EPCOT Explorer

The wall is up because someone ran into the stone on 3rd shift with a utility vehicle. That happened before Christmas as well. :brick:

The new venue has been quoted by Disney that it will seat 400 guests when complete. The new pizza restaurant in Italy will seat 300.

I'm guessing it looks a bit battered now?

Good reason to take them ALL down. :D :lookaroun

NewfieFan

Thanks for the updates...

(Was that a P&F reference?)

And what are Goofy Glaciers character cups... I've never heard of them!?!

raven

Count me in!!! I'm always up for a little demo!!! :wave:

Raven, thanks for the wall info...that is crazy....

Things like that happen often on 3rd shift. This is why some walls pop up for a day or so without warning. My favorite was about 3 months ago when a guy fell asleep on a scrubber in the west breezeway and hit the large support collum. Needless to say he's not allowed to drive company vehicles anymore and now he's scrubbing bathrooms. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Things like that happen often on 3rd shift. This is why some walls pop up for a day or so without warning. My favorite was about 3 months ago when a guy fell asleep on a scrubber in the west breezeway and hit the large support collum. Needless to say he's not allowed to drive company vehicles anymore and now he's scrubbing bathrooms. :lol:

:dazzle: Cracked CommuniCore. Nice.

71jason

And what are Goofy Glaciers character cups... I've never heard of them!?!

Previously, at Goofy Candy Co. and Club Cool, you could customize your slushie cup with plastic feet and a plastic hat representing different characters (I remember Mickey, Goofy, Stitch and sort of a generic pink princess, maybe it was Princess Minney). Now you get a basic clear plastic cup with the Goofy Candy Co. logo printed on the side (even if you're in Club Cool).

Same price, of course. :fork:

EPCOT Explorer

:lol:

That would make sense. But the prospect of a disgruntled anti-LAL CM is hilarious... :lookaroun

Not really odd. Seen it before, during the F&GF.

The LAL tile section was screwed up on the shuttered pinkish booths next to GR. :shrug:

Thanks, but my B-day's on Sept. 20th. It's my mum's. :D

Pics coming up next...

They should ALL be like that. :D :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom