What's the Trick to...

Kobe!!

Original Poster
getting a park reservation to a park that is currently showing sold out. Any tips would be appreciated. :)

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
getting a park reservation to a park that is currently showing sold out. Any tips would be appreciated. :)
Can you park hop? If not how many weeks our are you looking. As people make ADR's they frequently switch their days and openings appear.

Kobe!!

Original Poster
Can you park hop? If not how many weeks our are you looking. As people make ADR's they frequently switch their days and openings appear.
We can but I would prefer not to. - Either or, MK isn't available that day

April 25th would be the date.

ADR's?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
We can but I would prefer not to. - Either or, MK isn't available that day

April 25th would be the date.

ADR's?
Advance dining reservations. With the limited dining options, when a park is busy it is getting tough to get table service reservations. They then decide to see if can get dining at a different park or get the restaurant they want on a different day. The scenario that happens most often is people cancel 24 hours out to keep from getting charged after they see something they were looking for.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
If you look first thing everyday, the day of, park availability is usually there for a short period of time. Another thing to know is doing park reservations or ADRs on the MDE app versus the computer can show vastly different results. One will show nothing at all available and the other will show some for park reservations. For ADR's you may see nothing at all for MK for a particular day on MDE and 3 places with multiple times on the website.

Kobe!!

Original Poster
Advance dining reservations. With the limited dining options, when a park is busy it is getting tough to get table service reservations. They then decide to see if can get dining at a different park or get the restaurant they want on a different day. The scenario that happens most often is people cancel 24 hours out to keep from getting charged after they see something they were looking for.
We have a reservation as of now for Cinderella's Royal table on 4.25*

*Edited dated from the 26th to the 25th*

Last edited:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
We have a reservation as of now for Cinderella's Royal table on 4.26
Hopefully next week they will extend the park hours for your stay. Those look as bad as when we were there in Jan/Feb. Seems like recently they lengthen park hours 10 to 14 days out. Don't get me wrong they did extend Fri/Sat/Sun hours 3 of the 5 weeks we were there, so got later hours at every park but AK:arghh: Also if you are an AP your park reservation bucket will be stuck on AP even if you are staying on property. If this is the case you can call IT services and the can fix it.

Kobe!!

Original Poster
Hopefully next week they will extend the park hours for your stay. Those look as bad as when we were there in Jan/Feb. Seems like recently they lengthen park hours 10 to 14 days out. Don't get me wrong they did extend Fri/Sat/Sun hours 3 of the 5 weeks we were there, so got later hours at every park but AK:arghh: Also if you are an AP your park reservation bucket will be stuck on AP even if you are staying on property. If this is the case you can call IT services and the can fix it.
I'm waiting for them to extend the hours as well.. when do you think they will do that, if at all?

Kobe!!

Original Poster
They have extended at least weekends every week since the third week in January.
I would assume they would do this soon as well. I guess I haven't looked at getting tickets in the last few days and now that I finally looked tonight they are sold out at MK. Ugh. ha

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I would assume they would do this soon as well. I guess I haven't looked at getting tickets in the last few days and now that I finally looked tonight they are sold out at MK. Ugh. ha
Don't give up hope. We switched park days for parks open later (we are not rope drop folks) multiple times as availability showed up. The week days were totally open but the weekends (HS and MK) were always booked for the park we wanted on the day we wanted. By checking back regularly we always got what we were looking for except the Sunday of MLK day weekend. From my experience the website always showed park reservations open up far quicker than the app. Worst case scenario you do parts of 2 parks on 2 different days by park hopping. Another plus (for us getting there later in the day) for those not park hopping is the end of the day at the parks that close the earliest are always empty and almost everything is close to a walk on. Watching Vloggers during Spring break this still seems to be the case. Everyone park hops between 2 and 3 to the parks open later and the "rope drop" people have already left. Also since parks weren't opening at 7 or 8 AM we did get to a few parks at "opening" but it appears they actually open 45 to 60 mins before the declared opening to help distance people. This includes the rides and shops open. Not just getting into the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom