What's the protocol for amending ADR's ??

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
We have successfully made ADRs for our WDW visits over the years - booking a table for four. Easy.

This year we are a party of five as my daughters boyfriend is coming with us - the ADRs are all booked for five, again this was easy.
We have just found out that he is going to the US to help set up his new business next month and he will meet up with us at some point during our August trip.

Now I know that if just four of us show for a table booked for five, we're likely to be turned away. So how do I amend the bookings - Can I just amend the booking in MDE (if so, how) or do I have to cancel the whole booking for five and re-book it for four ??

Thanks

DisneyDebNJ

We have successfully made ADRs for our WDW visits over the years - booking a table for four. Easy.

This year we are a party of five as my daughters boyfriend is coming with us - the ADRs are all booked for five, again this was easy.
We have just found out that he is going to the US to help set up his new business next month and he will meet up with us at some point during our August trip.

Now I know that if just four of us show for a table booked for five, we're likely to be turned away. So how do I amend the bookings - Can I just amend the booking in MDE (if so, how) or do I have to cancel the whole booking for five and re-book it for four ??

Thanks
Atleast once a year I have to do this. Family comes up from Ft. Lauderdale and we aren't sure who is coming, and wind up changing our ADR. I have always called WDW-DINE, and they normally tell me to keep the same confirmation number.

DisneyDebNJ

Yes, but do you amend the booking in terms of numbers dining ?
yes, we normally go from 3 to 5 or 5 to 7 every year. I call as soon as I find out, (usually a month or two out) My specific reason for calling is to either add or subtract the number of people dining with us. I've always had the same confirmation number, and all but once was able to keep the same reservation time.

HouCuseChickie

First, it's always easier to show up with less than more. I've been booked as a party of 8 and found out last minute that we're only a party of 6 ... same thing last trip where I had a few last minute going from party of 2 to a party of 1. The only real issue is if you're bumping up since suddenly you have more people and it could be a fire code issue.

Now if you need to amend the party #s for some ADRs in advance (i.e. you have enough warning to do this), your best bet is calling. I've done this a number of times by phone when I've known ahead of time that my brother's family is backing out of a part of a trip.

Jae99

We had one reservation booked on our last day of our trip where only 3 of the 6 made it to dinner (the rest were tuckered out). The restaurant was great and just gave us a smaller table and didn't bother with charging us the $10 dollar no show charge.

MissingDisney

You won't be turned away, you just might be seated at a different table. We 'be done this as well. Grandma was too tired, someone stayed behind with a sleeping child, etc. As Long as 1 person shows for the reservation booking, regardless of the number on the ressie, there is no no-show fee imposed.

Chernabog75

You shouldn't have a problem. Last year my wife was unable to come with us and we became a party of 4 while all reservations were for 5. When i checked in i simply informed the hostess we would be missing one person. Never had a issue.

Tinkerbella16

You will not be turned away if you show up with one less. Things happen, what if someone was sick the day of and they weren't joining? They completely understand. I would keep them the way they are. It is better to show up with less people than showing up with more. We were 3 last trip and a few of our adrs we had to book for 4 guests, because no times would show up for 3 people, but there was availability for 4. We went and had no problems at all.

allidog1

You can always call the WDW Dine number 24 hours before the reservation to change the number of people coming if you are worried about the charge still.

WhatJaneSays

Right now I’ve got a reservation for 3 at the Rebel Hangar Lounge this Saturday but that might turn into 4. I called WDWDine and they basically said not to worry about it. Between it being an unusual event-type thing, the odds of the reservation getting messed up if they tried to change it, and they would have us booked at a 4-top anyways it really wouldn’t matter.

Still I wish they was a way to adjust this via the website. I hate wasting the time of the dining line folks for one tiny thing like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom