Whats the most recent bad majorish ride Disney has built?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Right after the gutting of Great Movie Ride mid level Disney personnel associated with the new replacement pretty much promised us that a unique, never been done before attraction with new technology staring Mickey will dazzle us in ways we have never seen.

What is so unique and mindblowing about Mickey 's Railway? That Ride system has been used, reused and yet reused again and again.

Based on hype during pre release I expected it to be as high as the single best ever at WDW. Today I doubt I have it even in top 15
There’s no reason to believe what they say…it is PR

Jrb1979

Right after the gutting of Great Movie Ride mid level Disney personnel associated with the new replacement pretty much promised us that a unique, never been done before attraction with new technology staring Mickey will dazzle us in ways we have never seen.

What is so unique and mindblowing about Mickey 's Railway? That Ride system has been used, reused and yet reused again and again.

Based on hype during pre release I expected it to be as high as the single best ever at WDW. Today I doubt I have it even in top 15
It's unfortunate but gone are the days where people are impressed more by the ride and less by the IP attached. A good example is Tron. So many are excited for it yet a better motorcycle coaster is down the road.

Kamikaze

I still like Potter even if I never got into the books.
Good for you?
I never said the attractions aren't enjoyable. I never said they are bad.
I just said theres nothing groundbreaking about Hagrid's, which is hardly something you can contest, and that I'm not a fan of Potter, which is my personal opinion.

sonoma15

Whats to disagree with? Its a basic themed coaster. Theres nothing groundbreaking or 'special' about it.

Full disclosure: I'm not a Potter fan.
Not true at all, Hagrid is an extremely complicated coaster that can run up to 12 trains and combines a ton of different elements in ways no other coaster in the world does.

Riviera Rita

None of the above really count as recent in my opinion...

I would put Millenium Falcon up there. It is purely a personal preference, but I have ridden it 6 times and it is just awfully boring if you're not the pilot. Sucks.
I have yet to be anything, but, an engineer and I lost the will to live sitting in that seat.

Cmdr_Crimson

I think we all know...
4f2bdd5da6371377804492ec22fc2d0f--fun-fun-fun.jpg

The codeword is Elephant.....

Centauri Space Station

Na’vi River. A sad additional attraction to a land that was going to be a huge build up to AK.

Alien Saucer. A poor addition to include in TSL. A similar enough attraction to another which gives us nothing original.
Both are C ticket additions that work in the parks they are in. Navi is the only boat ride at dak and one of the few non height requirements as well as just a relaxing ride without any intense moments. Aliens is a needed ride to give kids something and is a flat ride which DHS had none of before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom