Whats the most recent bad majorish ride Disney has built?

J4546

Original Poster
Like a legit bad ride thats an E through C ticket., not talking about very small children rides.

FnF Supercharged comes to mind when I think of recent massive rides and expansions that are terrible but that is in USF of course

spock

I kind of agree about MF:SR and all of the others except for Mission: Space. I don't really understand the hate for M:S because I think it's a great attraction. Although I'm inclined to think it would probably play better at Disneyland than at Epcot. SoCal audiences I think are a little more into thrill rides, so I sort of wish they would move the attraction out West so we in CA could enjoy it. I think it would be a huge hit and bring some badly needed excitement back to our Tomorrowland.

Regarding MF:SR, it's a decent attraction but I agree it fell way below the hype. This is a personal preference and I realize I don't necessarily speak for the masses, but I really prefer to experience an attraction as a passive participant as opposed to having a "job" I have to do during the ride. That may be a big reason why I'm not a huge fan. For the same reason, I would say the biggest disappointment by far is Web Slingers at CA Adventure. Especially when you compare it to what Universal did with the same character at IOA. I was really expecting that Disney would be motivated to build something that would just blow that one away, so that was kind of a disappointment. Actually, all of Avengers Campus is kind of a disappointment.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I don't really know anyone that has hyped MFSR unless they rode as a pilot or were talking about the MF itself, and Id think most agree those are appropriately hyped. Overall, yeah, it's not all-around amazing but I think it does very well as a family attraction. It's more approachable for someone for whom Rise may be too much. I think it's akin to how they built Na'vi River Journey as approachable next to Flight of Passage.

And Na'vi River is my answer, especially when the Shaman goes into B mode. That the grade hinges so much on a single animatronic is more reason why it's overall disappointing.

Brer Panther

Of the ones that I've actually been on?

Honestly, I don't see why the Ratatouille ride gets so much praise. If you're literally just parked in front of a screen the whole time, there is zero point in making it a dark ride.

I haven't actually been on it, but Mickey's Runaway Railway looks really lame too.

ElvisMickey

Like a legit bad ride thats an E through C ticket., not talking about very small children rides.

FnF Supercharged comes to mind when I think of recent massive rides and expansions that are terrible but that is in USF of course
I feel like a weirdo for saying this but for some one who really isn’t even into the FAF movies, I don’t mind Super Charged. I also appreciate the fact that it’s almost always a walk on lol. However it IS basically Skull Island without an enormous animatronic.

The Colonel

I don't bother with MF:SR and Navi River.
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think Rise is all that either.
MMRR is kind of underwhelming.
I'm also totally sick of FOP. I don't find it repeatable. Especially the painfully long pre-ride spiel.

Also I don't understand why The Little Mermaid show can't re-open.

Smiley/OCD

Of the ones that I've actually been on?

Honestly, I don't see why the Ratatouille ride gets so much praise. If you're literally just parked in front of a screen the whole time, there is zero point in making it a dark ride.

I haven't actually been on it, but Mickey's Runaway Railway looks really lame too.
My vote is also for MMRR…I loved the GMR…just WAY too many screens. Don’t like the screens, HATE the new projection faces on the AA’s…seems like they took the cheap way out, like all of the imagineers who did such a great job building the classics AA’s are no longer with us and with the exception of the Na’vi on NRJ, Disney has forgot how to build them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
None of the above really count as recent in my opinion...

I would put Millenium Falcon up there. It is purely a personal preference, but I have ridden it 6 times and it is just awfully boring if you're no the pilot. Sucks.
It needs a retheme like yesterday

It was based on a bad movie…so you dump the “smugglers” Crap and do space battles.

Han Solo was a soldier, not a pirate. That was cheeky dialogue but the character didn’t actually do any of it onscreen.

Disney continues to reinvent the wheel when the old one did just fine

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

It needs a retheme like yesterday

It was based on a bad movie…so you dump the “smugglers” Crap and do space battles.

Han Solo was a soldier, not a pirate. That was cheeky dialogue but the character didn’t actually do any of it onscreen.

Disney continues reinvent the wheel when the old one did just fine
Disney has yet to learn that the wheel, like you said is just fine…it’s ROUND.

J4546

Original Poster
if they added some missions to MF:SR it would make it a lot better, I get that may be harder in FL cause the have the Star Wars Hotel that keeps the land in a certain timeline, but in CA they have gotten rid of the timeline. if they added 3 missions, 1 from each trilogy...that would be a great improvement. It would take SR from a C- attraction to a solid B imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom