Whats the most recent bad majorish ride Disney has built?

tanc

Probably mine train or MMRR to me. I still am shocked they replaced Snow White with mine train. The part inside the mine I guess is cool but the ride to me is way too short.

MMRR is a huge empty warehouse and the effects are impractical to me. Maybe some people aren't impressed by the Tokyo enchanted beauty and the beast ride, but the effects of that ride are pretty amazing. The entire floor is projection mapped in most parts so you can't notice dirty floors and such. It also somehow tracks the ride vehicles so it is seamless and doesnt ruin the effect. It's really amazing technology and the fact MMRR does not use it is extremely disappointing to me.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
Probably mine train or MMRR to me. I still am shocked they replaced Snow White with mine train. The part inside the mine I guess is cool but the ride to me is way too short.

MMRR is a huge empty warehouse and the effects are impractical to me. Maybe some people aren't impressed by the Tokyo enchanted beauty and the roast ride, but the effects of that ride are pretty amazing. The entire floor is projection mapped in most parts so you can't notice dirty floors and such. It also somehow tracks the ride vehicles so it is seamless and doesnt ruin the effect. It's really amazing technology and the fact MMRR does not use it is extremely disappointing to me.
The 1994 version of Snow White was already bad. That 1971 version was the greatest thing of all time. It lasted longer than the 1994 version, even!

graphite1326

I'm going to have to agree with many of youhere and say MMRR. I thought it was terrible. I really don't like projection rides and this is nothing but that.

iamgroot61

In the Parks
No
I kind of agree about MF:SR and all of the others except for Mission: Space. I don't really understand the hate for M:S because I think it's a great attraction. Although I'm inclined to think it would probably play better at Disneyland than at Epcot. SoCal audiences I think are a little more into thrill rides, so I sort of wish they would move the attraction out West so we in CA could enjoy it. I think it would be a huge hit and bring some badly needed excitement back to our Tomorrowland.

Regarding MF:SR, it's a decent attraction but I agree it fell way below the hype. This is a personal preference and I realize I don't necessarily speak for the masses, but I really prefer to experience an attraction as a passive participant as opposed to having a "job" I have to do during the ride. That may be a big reason why I'm not a huge fan. For the same reason, I would say the biggest disappointment by far is Web Slingers at CA Adventure. Especially when you compare it to what Universal did with the same character at IOA. I was really expecting that Disney would be motivated to build something that would just blow that one away, so that was kind of a disappointment. Actually, all of Avengers Campus is kind of a disappointment.
Totally agree with you regarding Web Slingers. It's a glorified TSMM (a ride I LOVE). Mostly, I am just baffled by the poor treatment Marvel is getting at DCA considering what a cash cow those films have been for Disney. IDK what the recent Star Wars film receipts have been, but I would venture a guess that the Marvel franchises equal or exceed their performance at the box office. Marvel deserves far more than Avengers Campus. I hope future phases of that area will do it justice. Sadly, now that I'm in FL, I doubt I'll ever make it back there. LOL!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Seven Dwarves Mine Train is bad. It’s not fun as a roller coaster and it’s not good as a dark ride. The barrels in the queue are the best part.

🔥🔥🔥my take🔥🔥🔥 I know but that’s how I feel.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Unpopular opinion, but BatB in Tokyo felt like a pretty big miss for me. I would choose to ride Smuggler's Run over that if I had a choice.

Web Slingers looks pretty awful but I haven't ridden yet.
Webslingers is the best shoot with your hands ride in the country. It makes the prior best examples like Cupfusion look like amateur hour.

Smiley/OCD

Seven Dwarves Mine Train is bad. It’s not fun as a roller coaster and it’s not good as a dark ride. The barrels in the queue are the best part.

🔥🔥🔥my take🔥🔥🔥 I know but that’s how I feel.
You’re from Niagara Falls…the barrels are your favorite part…Hmmmm…’nuff said lol

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Runway Railway so much that I refuse to go on it. (if the wait was 5 mins I probably would go on)
Thank you. It's just SO bad. I thought I was the only one. I have rose colored nostalgia goggles for GMR but MMRR is just so mediocre. For a flagship Mickey Mouse staring attraction... It's terrible.

Poseidon Quest

Thank you. It's just SO bad. I thought I was the only one. I have rose colored nostalgia goggles for GMR but MMRR is just so mediocre. For a flagship Mickey Mouse staring attraction... It's terrible.

I feel the same way but felt completely different about the one in Disneyland. The differences are subtle but fix so many of the issues that the HWS version has. The rooms are built better, making them feel much less like traveling through an empty warehouse. There are additional details to areas that are blank or black walls in the Florida version and subtle but small pacing changes make a huge difference. Plus, the details in the queue are fantastic and set the stage much better. I wish Disney would have kept the GMR and purpose built a new building for Runaway Railway. I would feel completely different if the Disneyland version of the ride had been built in the Animation Courtyard.

esskay

Most recent has to be Tron - way too overhyped for such a basic ride for a film nobody wants to remember.

Before that it has to be Navi River Journey - an obvous space filler that is dull and serves only 1 purpose: Parking first timers somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom