What's the deal with COP

martinthesparta

Original Poster
I keep on hearing that COP is open until stitch is running. WHat then? Does that just mean it has a regular operation schedule right now and will go back to seasonal with stitch's opening or is it being closed entirely? Anyone know?

grandmath

I just hope Stitch will bring additional guests to the area and the two attractions will remain open permanently. COP really deserve it!!

humphrybear

I really enjoy COP. My parents are in their 70's and it was really cool to see what they grew up with compared to today.

Our kids today really should see COP so they can appreciate what they have compaired to yesteryear.

pilka214

i am 14 and i love cop. i have a funny story, last october my friend's family and my family both went to mickey's not so scary halloween party. well we met in tomorrowland and went on buzz light year. then went to cop (eating all the candy we had collected so far). and we watched it, and liked it and my friend got the catchy song stuck in his head. and every now and then he will try and sing what he remembers of it. it is a funny sight to see, because he only knows "theres a great big beautiful tomorrow" and the rest he doesnt know so unless i am there he just makes up stuff.:lol:

figmentfan

I Love COP!

My cousin and I went on COP 5 minutes before park closing. We had our own private showing of the COP. It was great. I sang "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" without bothering anybody.

Sloan

COP schedule

I'm sure that you'll hear from someone with more insight than I have as to what the schedule will be after Stich opens, but I did notice in the new Disney Magazine that COP was the second most "missed" attraction after 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which I thought was interesting, since it is still open quite a bit. Apparently, a lot of people are dissapointed when it's closed and they can't go!

Expo_Seeker40

Right now the CoP operates 24/7, and with complete park hours. When Stitche's Great Escape opens, there are so many possibilities as to what will happen with the CoP. It just doesn't look good that itr will remain open, but I DON'T think it will be closed permantley or demolished.

Attendence on that ride as increased very steady since it opened up every day months ago. I think the CoP should go through a nice rehab once stich opens. That way it can stay open, and continue to entertain future generations in some way shape or form.

It's 40 years old! It's one of the oldest, if not the oldest attraction on WDW Magic Kingdom property.

phlydude

Originally posted by pilka214
i am 14 and i love cop. i have a funny story, last october my friend's family and my family both went to mickey's not so scary halloween party. well we met in tomorrowland and went on buzz light year. then went to cop (eating all the candy we had collected so far). and we watched it, and liked it and my friend got the catchy song stuck in his head. and every now and then he will try and sing what he remembers of it. it is a funny sight to see, because he only knows "theres a great big beautiful tomorrow" and the rest he doesnt know so unless i am there he just makes up stuff.:lol:

Give your friend the lyrics:

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day
And tomorrow's just a dream away

Man has a dream and that's the start
He follows his dream with mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true for you and me

So there's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away

And tomorrow's just a dream away

So there's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away

It's a dream come true for you .... and for me

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

phlydude

Originally posted by Expo_Seeker40
Right now the CoP operates 24/7, and with complete park hours. When Stitche's Great Escape opens, there are so many possibilities as to what will happen with the CoP. It just doesn't look good that itr will remain open, but I DON'T think it will be closed permantley or demolished.

Attendence on that ride as increased very steady since it opened up every day months ago. I think the CoP should go through a nice rehab once stich opens. That way it can stay open, and continue to entertain future generations in some way shape or form.

It's 40 years old! It's one of the oldest, if not the oldest attraction on WDW Magic Kingdom property.

Not quite the oldest. Cinderella's Carrousel (spelled wrong intentionally like the ride spells it) was made in the 1900's

Brad

Re: COP schedule

Originally posted by Sloan
I'm sure that you'll hear from someone with more insight than I have as to what the schedule will be after Stich opens, but I did notice in the new Disney Magazine that COP was the second most "missed" attraction after 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which I thought was interesting, since it is still open quite a bit. Apparently, a lot of people are dissapointed when it's closed and they can't go!

Uh, I think that was referring to Disneyland CoP.

Sloan

Whoops

Guess I did not notice when I went from the Disneyland survey results in to the WDW results. It's telling, though - they need to keep it around - classic Disney, and very Walt.

Maerj

After 5 years of going to WDW, I finally got to see CoP last Saturday. What a great attraction! There is no reason to keep opening it 'seasonally.' I went back and rode it again just in case they shut it down permanently, which I really hope doesn't happen.

I really enjoyed seeing it, it was a great show, really well done. As I walked out I noticed myself and others singing that song... you can't get it out of your head!

Fantasyland1983

Hopefully they could send it back to Disneyland and update it. Innoventions is horrible and needs to be replaced with something new... I mean old.:animwink: It would be a nice treat for the upcoming 50th celebration.:sohappy:

Pirate665

I love the CoP. I love that song. I sing it in the shower. It'd be great to have it back at home in DL. The building was built just for it! And to have the model of EPCOT (not EPCOT Center, but Walt E. Disneys real EPCOT) right above it again? I'd go to DL again just to see that. But, I do hope that CoP will stay open at WDW. And bring back the Timekeeper too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom