What's the best way to spend Day 1?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Still in the pre-pre-pre-planning phase, but I can't help daydreaming...

How will I spend my next Day 1? Explore the resort? Swim? DTD? Haul to MK? So many choices!

What is the BEST way to spend the first day?

Notice how you used...."haul a$$" as the action words in reference to the MK? I think you're subliminally answering your own question. You know what you need to do. ;)

Upvote 0

luv

Depends on arrival time. If I arrived before rope drop, I hit one. Later in the morning, I'd still head to a park and do my checking in and unpacking later. If I arrived in the afternoon, I'd check in, unpack, iron, relax, have an early dinner (maybe in a hotel) and go to bed early so that I could hit a rope drop the next day.

I ran around like crazy on my vacations and have trouble falling asleep when away from home, so I always tried to take it easy on arrival day and get a lot of sleep. :)

Upvote 0

jw24

Again, it depends on arrival time and how long I've traveled. I mean, for the most part, my trips always seem to have me arriving in WDW by the afternoon or early evening so I usually don't go a theme park because I am fairly exhausted from all the hustle and bustle of travelling. I usually unpack, explore the resort and then either eat at the resort or go to DTD and eat there and shop around for the rest of the evening and finally, get in bed early so I can up and ready to beat the crowds for the next day!

Upvote 0

WLBound

On all of our trips we hit the parks right away, either MK or Epcot. This year we decided to do something different. We're planning to arrive somewhere around noon, hit Fantasia Gardens before dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and then maybe head to Jellyrolls since I've been wanting to do that the last three trips. We figure this will allow us to be all rested up for Park Day 1 at Epcot.

Upvote 0

Cardinals314

It does depend on time of arrival and the day of the week. If you arrive let's say early afternoon, that will be perfect time for DTD or looking around the resort. You could get some food at Raglan Road at DTD. I would avoid MK on Mondays or Thursdays since crowds tend to be heavier because people like going to MK first on either their midweek visit or weekend visit.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Well after driving hours to get catch the plane,then flying 3000 miles and 9 hours later on American soil,then another hour to get to our resort,not until I walk onto Main Street USA and see that awesome castle towering into the sky,does it sink in,that I'am finally there..This thread has just gave me an idea for a new topic..Cheers.;)

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
We never hit a park on our arrival day. We grab some groceries, shop at DTD and maybe just relax or swim but I think doing a park after traveling is just too much to do! I like to "rest up" because I travel with my loveable but commando boys! Open to close and if that means 9am until past midnight they'll do it so that's my "rest day".

Upvote 0

SMS55

Like someone else said depends on arrival. If you arrive very early in the morning, don't waste a day, head off to your favorite park (sounds like MK is your favorite). If you arrive mid day I would probably take a dip in the pool if it's summer. If it's winter or the weather isn't great, head on over to DTD. Start absorbing the Disney environment. If you were planning on doing some shopping for yourself or others back home knock it out while you are there. Get that worry off your chest. When we go in two weeks we will be arriving around 4pm or so. We'll check-in, head on over to DTD and walk around and later on we have reservations at Chef Mickey's. Maybe we will get lucky and head over to the balcony after dinner and catch a peak of the fireworks.

Upvote 0

JiminyandTink

I usually arrive a little late to hit the parks, so my first day is really day two... and I always want to start at MK to get my quickest hit of Pixie Dust into my system :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom