What's the best OKW Accessible Grand Villa location for kids?

Spaceship|Earth

Original Poster
Hello! Longtime lurker, haven't posted very many things. Hoping this is the right forum to ask this..

For TL;DR, please read last paragraph.

We finally rebooked our delayed family trip to Old Key West. We rented DVC points for an Accessible Grand Villa due to one person in the party using an ECV. We're also traveling with two young children (6 and 4) that would love to utilize the main themed pool and perhaps a playground.

We didn't book a room specifically by the Hospitality House (if that was an option), so anything that might be considered that type (if it exists) has to be off the table.

What buildings/areas should we request? This is our first time at OKW and after looking at maps and various informational pieces, we're still unsure of what the best options for request will be. We will be utilizing Disney buses.

To sum it all up, we have a standard view accessible grand villa, we will be using Disney transportation, and we have young kids that would love the main themed pool and a playground. I know it's a lot, but I'd really appreciate any suggestions or tips for this! Also, feel free to throw in any additional OKW tips and tricks you have as well!

Naplesgolfer

Hello! Longtime lurker, haven't posted very many things. Hoping this is the right forum to ask this..

We finally rebooked our delayed family trip to Old Key West. We rented DVC points for an Accessible Grand Villa due to one person in the party using an ECV. We're also traveling with two young children (6 and 4) that would love to utilize the main themed pool and perhaps a playground.

We didn't book a room specifically by the Hospitality House (if that was an option), so anything that might be considered that type (if it exists) has to be off the table.

What buildings/areas should we request? This is our first time at OKW and after looking at maps and various informational pieces, we're still unsure of what the best options for request will be. We will be utilizing Disney buses.

To sum it all up, we have a standard view accessible grand villa, we will be using Disney transportation, and we have young kids that would love the main themed pool and a playground. I know it's a lot, but I'd really appreciate any suggestions or tips for this! Also, feel free to throw in any additional OKW tips and tricks you have as well!
You should call guest services and state that you use a ECV because I believe most if not all of the Grand villas have entrances on the second floor at OKW and you use the stairs to get there. Only couple of buildings have elevators.( last few built) Either they put you in one of those couple of buildings or you may need to move to Saratoga where all the buildings have elevators.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

I'd request Perimeter Road, Buildings, 23-24-25-26. Ground Floor. Hope this helps. :)

Naplesgolfer

I looked further and found there are only 3 grand villas considered accessible . One on the ground flour and 2 in elevator buildings with 2nd floor entrances . Call guest services and see if those 3 are booked yet or not. But even if they are , they will help you get a grand villa at Saratoga. Hope you have a great Trip.

Spaceship|Earth

Original Poster
I'd request Perimeter Road, Buildings, 23-24-25-26. Ground Floor. Hope this helps. :)
I'll look into this area. Thanks!
I looked further and found there are only 3 grand villas considered accessible . One on the ground flour and 2 in elevator buildings with 2nd floor entrances . Call guest services and see if those 3 are booked yet or not. But even if they are , they will help you get a grand villa at Saratoga. Hope you have a great Trip.
Thanks for this. So we rented DVC points and the reservation is booked for a "wheelchair accessible grand villa". So I'm guessing we're probably set for either ground floor or an elevator building. I'm surprised that there apparently aren't a lot of accessible grand villas. Maybe we won't have much of a choice in an area to ask for. Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you. I did check that out but found it sightly confusing and not entirely what I need. Thanks for the suggestion!
On the page the link takes you to,

under “Room Type” choose Standard View / 3BR Grand Villa

under “Accessibility” either choose Any or choose what is applicable to you.

The map will come up with the locations showing. If there is no option to see the view it means no one has submitted one yet. But you can see the layout and where in the resort it is, how far from Hospitality House, which pool it’s closest to etc.

I don’t know exactly what happens when you book an accessible Villa, whether you specify the type of room required. But if not I would ask the owner if they could call / chat and have it noted on your booking that you need a roll-in shower or whatever adaptation you need.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom