Whats just outside WDW

BRER DAD

Were going to be staying outside of WDW for about a week until we check in to POR. Was wondering if anybody had any ideas of things to do or places to eat just outside of WDW. I dont want to spend a fortune on entertainment. We plan on spending some time at down town Disney and seeing wishes at the Poly, but any other suggestions would be great. Thank you all for your help in advance. :)

BRER DAD

Original Poster
^^^Thank you, thats just what I was looking for. That site has a ton of info on stuff outside of WDW. We should find plenty to keep us busy before we check into POR. :)

Upvote 0

KingStefan

I was also thinking of trying Gatorland? Seems cheap and looks interesting.

My kids LOVED Gatorland (I didn't go - I was working and they went with DW). They were 7 and 3 at the time. Their favorite part was when they made them jump up like 10 feet in the air for chicken parts! :lol:

It's too bad Splendid China isn't operating anymore. The show there was a good value. I only saw the outdoor exhibit from the gate, but it looked pretty cool.

There is a ton of stuff to do in the area, especially water parks and mini-golf. There's also Old Town in Kissimmee. Bars and restaurants and kiddie rides. Also in that area are some of the extreme rides, like the one where theys shoot you up in the are in a little ball cage. There are several.

There's also Fun Spot Action Park and Ripley's Believe It or Not! Odditorium. Never been to either, so I can't say if they're a good value.

There's the Historic Bok Sanctuary. I've never been but it's not expensive and it looks nice. Bit of a drive.

My wife loves the outlet centers.

The Titanic exhibition.

I think there's a petting zoo or petting farm nearby, but I'm not sure.

Isn't there a Medieval Times or Arabian Nights or something? They tend to be a bit expensive for what you get, I think anyway. But if that's your thing, I think there is one or more of those down there.

I think there is Jai-Alai down there, but I don't know where one is. I think that it's inexpensive (if you don't lose a lot of money betting!).

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

Were going to be staying outside of WDW for about a week until we check in to POR. Was wondering if anybody had any ideas of things to do or places to eat just outside of WDW. I dont want to spend a fortune on entertainment. We plan on spending some time at down town Disney and seeing wishes at the Poly, but any other suggestions would be great. Thank you all for your help in advance. :)

Outside of WDW is...the void. Is nothing. Just endless nothing..:D

Upvote 0

Expo_Seeker40

What?! upstate NY you have lake george (depending on when you go so everyone from long island and NJ isn't there), Gore Mountain gondola rides in the fall, apple picking and tons of cider, sutton's restaurant and market *drools*, saratoga race track and town, glens falls has tons of new shops and has been revived, the catskills and howe caverns, cooperstown, fort ticonderoga, etc, etc

Anyway I recommend Cypress Gardens and/or Bok Sanctuary.......beautiful places!!!

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

Original Poster
What?! upstate NY you have lake george (depending on when you go so everyone from long island and NJ isn't there), Gore Mountain gondola rides in the fall, apple picking and tons of cider, sutton's restaurant and market *drools*, saratoga race track and town, glens falls has tons of new shops and has been revived, the catskills and howe caverns, cooperstown, fort ticonderoga, etc, etc

Anyway I recommend Cypress Gardens and/or Bok Sanctuary.......beautiful places!!!

YAWN!!!!!! Booooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg!!!!! LOL, theres stuff to do, just nothing really exciting. That stuff gets old.

Upvote 0

raven

Samantha Brown did an episode about this. Apartently people only think of Orlando as theme parks. There are a ton of things to do though! :wave:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

My kids LOVED Gatorland (I didn't go - I was working and they went with DW). They were 7 and 3 at the time. Their favorite part was when they made them jump up like 10 feet in the air for chicken parts! :lol:

SHAME ON YOU

How cruel is that having your kids jump 10 feet in the air for chicken parts - there's a MacDonalds just down the road !!!!!!!!!!!

:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

Original Poster
As far as Disney is concerned, nothing whatsoever... especially certain gift shops with the exact same product sold in the parks for an average of 6x less money. :D
I was thinking of looking for these gift shops outside of WDW to pick up a few things the kids like to get. Anyone know the names and locations?

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

Disney Store at an Outlet Mall:
disneyoutlet.jpg

Red = Epcot
Orange = DownTown Disney
Yellow = Outlet Mall with a Disney Store (really cheap prices).

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

I was thinking of looking for these gift shops outside of WDW to pick up a few things the kids like to get. Anyone know the names and locations?

Don't listen to him, he is writing plain rubbish. We visited several gift shops outside of "The World" where BIG advertising signs claimed they would sell WDW-merchandise. It's a fraud. They sell a different product line, called "Disney-Magic" or something like that, that has NOTHING TO TO WITH WDW-MERCHANDISE. There is no WDW-sign oder name written on them and there is absolutely NO attraction merchandise available. The shirts. mugs, etc. only have normal disney-characters on them but no mentioning of the parks. We never found authentic WDW-merchandise anywhere outside the parks, not even in the Disney-Store in the Florida Mall.

Upvote 0

Hrudey3032

Disney Store at an Outlet Mall:
disneyoutlet.jpg

Red = Epcot
Orange = DownTown Disney
Yellow = Outlet Mall with a Disney Store (really cheap prices).

The Orlando Premium Outlet.Other than Disney merchandise and Nike store and AW Hot Dog stand this place is pretty boring but as Vernon said they have good stuff at cheap prices for Disney gear.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom