What's in YOUR park bag?

Seabasealpha1

Just browsing around on here and gave some of my feelings on what to pack in your park bag, what kind of bag to carry, what NOT to carry...stuff like that...it got me to thinkin'...

Everyone's different...but what do You carry with you when touring? Anything unique? Anything special? What kind of bag do you prefer? Do you pack an entire expedition or do you do the metaphorical "park skin dive" with just your ticket and a wallet? Have any bad or good experiences w/ park bags?

I'll answer a little later with what I carry...but I just thought I'd see...figured this could be fun!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I either carry a 2"x3" wallet with credit/debit card, ticket and the former resort ID along with cash phone in other pocket. Or I carry a cross body purse if pockets are not available around 4"x6" and dump my wallet and phone in there. I never, ever go without some cash. There have been several times over the years where the credit card system crashed and it was cash or no purchase.

If it is a late fall or winter vacation I pack up light coats in a disposable Disney plastic bag and stash it in a locker if I won't be going back to the resort by evening. I can toss the plastic bag if I pull the coats out of the locker.
Not big on carrying anything into the park or the bag check line.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
You're searching my bag here now!!?????

Funny I'm watching a news piece about the World Series and the bag checking they're doing at Fenway.

I would love to travel light, but I'm the pack mule of the family.
Backpack --
  • A couple of bottles of water
  • A couple of sweatshirts for my wife and daughter (they get cold if someone gives them a cold stare)
  • my camera.
  • And whatever knickknacks we end up buying during the day.

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
My personal bag is a cross body purse. I have my point and shoot camera, my phone and DH's , sometimes his wallet too. Credit card, ID and tickets. We AKA DH will also carry a backpack this trip since we still have one in diapers with diapers wipes, change of clothes for the kids, snacks and water.

Upvote 0

KLeigh

My personal bag is also a small, cross body purse that holds my camera, phone, ID/tickets and my sunglasses when we're on a ride.

The BF carries a waterproof cinch bag. Inside is a large, clear ziplock bag (great trick for getting through security faster!) which holds our two filtered water bottles, sunscreen, a small first aid kit (band aids, neosporin, and ibuprofen), and our super tiny packaged rain ponchos. (If we're headed on a water ride I'll put my bag inside his to keep everything dry.)

Last year we also had our hoodies in his bag (it was November) - but that added too much weight, so we'll probably throw them in a locker this time around.

Upvote 0

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
Appreciate the posts folks! Always feel a little uneasy!

When we tour the parks, I carry a sling bag myself...it's a small navy blue one with a retro EPCOT CENTER patch sewn on the strap...I did it meself!

...and I'm able to get my small fold-up tripod, camera,video camera, Flipshare cam, camera case, First Aid (I carry a small first aid kit w/ointment, a couple chunks of gauze, medical tape, alcohol wipes,band-aids, Tylenol, dramamine, and Tums),a really awful cheap umbrella (I buy them at wal-mart for like 1.50...super Chinese!), a 3 oz travel-sized bottle filled w/ sunscreen, envelopes w/money, park maps, touring plans,SD Cards, wallet w/ID... and maybe a few other things...on occasion the kitchen sink ;)...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

usually a camera and my sandles because It hurts my feet to walk in sandles all day so i switch back and forth next time I will be taking a 16 month old sop light packing is so over for me :p

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

For me the better question is what DON'T I carry!? For all but one of 7 trips I have gone with my son. Our next trip is with a 6 year old and a 9 month old. I usually carry a book bag that I just store under the stroller - in there I will have snacks that I cannot find in the park that my son loves, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, extra shirt, a small Ziploc with band aids, Tylenol, Dramamine, a few bottles of water. This next trip I will be adding diapers, wipes, baby food, formula, baby bottles, sippy cups and baby snacks to the list! Then I also carry my wristlet which comes with me on all rides, and there I have cards, id's, cash. My DH is the carrier of all cameras!

I just realized we have 23 days before we head down to the World....& I have yet to pack o_Oo_O

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I carry a tiny crossbody purse with: 1 credit card, my ID, a medical insurance card, KTTW card (N/A for most people now), camera, sunglasses (if not wearing them), phone, Dollar Tree rain poncho (if the forecast calls for rain), hand sanitizing wipes, and a mini First-Aid kit (Band-Aids, blister covers and Tylenol). It's not much: all together, those items (sans the sunglasses) could fit into a sandwich bag.

When we were potty-training my daughter, I carried a slightly larger (Vera Bradley hipster) purse, so I could bring along extra shorts and undies in case of an "accident."

DH is a former Eagle Scout who likes to be "prepared" for anything, so he brings a backpack stocked with his phone, necessary cards, drinks, snacks, hat, sunglasses, EpiPen (shellfish and tree nut allergies), rescue inhaler (asthma), sweatshirt, etc. I prefer to travel lighter, but as long as I don't have to carry that monstrosity, it's fine with me if he wants to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Messenger bag. If I'm traveling light its a Timbuk2 classic, Domke wrap insert for my DSLR, DSLR, rainjacket, sunglasses/case, trader pins, spork, water bottle, and refillable mug. If I'm not traveling light its a Crumpler bag with Crumpler insert for DSLR, DLSR + 3 lenses, GorillaPod, rainjacket, DW's rainjacket, sunglasses/case, trading pins, iPhone charger, spork, water bottle, multiple mugs (for my DW and I). Either has enough room to shove my base layer or vest in as the temps change.

Upvote 0

75disney

I am the family pack mule. With 2 kids, I bring a backpack with snacks, waters, extra clothes, hand sanitizer and wipes, medicine (I get frequent migraines), rain ponchos, cameras, sunglasses, and since it is Nov. sweatshirts/ jackets. It is a miracle that I get all that stuff in one bag! I walk every morning and a few weeks before my trip, I start walking with a loaded backpack so my back is used to it be the time I hit the parks.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

When DS7 was younger we carried a lot with us (diaper bag and associated things you need for toddlers etc.) but we've since moved onto a pack and really all that's in it is DH's wallet and our phones. We used to carry a separate camera bag but our phones now take better pictures (higher MP) than our nice expensive camera so no need for that any longer. Honestly we'd probably skip the pack and just put the wallet/phones in pockets but it has two spots for carrying water bottles as well and that's always a key for us.

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

No bag here...if it can't fit in my DH's wallet, then it doesn't go to the park.
We are the same way. Figured out long ago how much better hands free is. Tickets, some cash, credit card and keys. That's all we take except for sometimes a small camera, sometimes not even a camera (plenty of pics over the years, but we did take a small point and shoot last trip). Love skipping bag check and we never, repeat never take a phone inside the parks.

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

A backpack.
Inside: first aid stuff, hand cleaning towelettes, liquid hand cleaner, simple medications such as pain reliever etc., wallet, essential tickets or receipts and such, keys, phones, camera equipment. The list goes on according to where I am. My happiest times at WDW are when I go with a credit card and a little cash in my pocket. Unencumbered bliss.

Upvote 0

Lucky

I always start off with just a few small, light things (phone, wallet, unopened ponchos from Target) in a small backpack. Somehow by the end of the day it's always heavy and crammed full of stuff that my wife or kids buy or decide they don't want to carry themselves anymore. So like Shookie and 75disney I'm the pack mule.

Upvote 0

jw24

Well, in a drawstring bag (I prefer that because it's not too small but not too large either.), I put in there my wallet, phone, park maps, camera, water bottle, an umbrella if the odds indicate it's going to rain, some OTC medications like Advil and Pepto Bismol in case of stomach problems, my autograph books and pens, sunglasses, glasses case. That's all I can think of.

Upvote 0

SyracuseOrange

I recently bought a new backpack which has been dubbed my "Disney bag" and only gets pulled out of my closet when I'm packing for WDW. It has a strap that goes across my chest, which I've found makes me much more agile as I'm navigating through the crowds - my bag doesn't get tossed around a lot.

I am a young, relatively in-shape male, so my touring style is rope drop to park close, and I don't really make many stops, so I pack heavy and for anything I might need.

It contains: Protein bars, nuts, water bottle, chap stick, sunscreen, iPhone, iPhone charger, external iPhone battery, headphones, spare pair of moisture-wicking socks, Advil, TUMS, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, pen, notepad, sunglasses, wallet, band-aids, EpiPen, and soon will also contain the GoPro camera which I just won in an online contest :D

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I am personally happy with just my phone, park ticket, chapstik, credit card and a few bucks all stashed in my cargo shorts and off I go. However for the family we carry one backpack with the following:
  • 2 bottles of water per person
  • Ponchos on rain threated days and cooler days visiting AK (Kali)
  • Napkins and wipes (just in case)
  • Pen and paper
  • Sunscreen
  • Ibuprofen
  • Print out of the days ADR's and schedule of streetmosphere and hours of the park or parks we are visiting that day
  • Allen key and pin brass locks in case of our daughter trading pins from her lanyard
  • Autograph book for daughter
  • DLSR or Video Camera if needed that day.
  • A sweatshirt for the girls for the evenings if weather calls for it.
  • A few packaged snacks or fruit (granola bars, nutra-grain bars, apples or bananas) on days we do not eat breakfast before leaving the resort or days we know we will eat a late TS lunch.
  • One micro USB phone charger if someone needs a little extra juice.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom