what's Dvc

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Tagrel said:
I have a DVC FAQ that I've had some help putting together. Lots of info in there... (Not quite finished yet, but getting there! ;) )

HTH

8 posts in over 3 years? You only bring them out for special occasions I guess :lol:

Great site.

Rosscoe(AU)

O.k i read the website, but one thing i don't get, if you pay say $20,500 to buy into the DVC , and use WL as your resort, does it cost you a nightly fee to stay ?
The reason i ask is everybody on this board keeps on saying i will buy extra points, plus some of the stuff i have seen says things like $89.00 per night..

There website really does not tell you a lot.

By the way i'm in Australia so can't just pop into the resorts..

Yellow Shoes

There is not a nightly fee.

Your $20,000 is buying you a number of points, which is the unit of currency for DVC units.

For example, a 1 bedroom at Wilderness Lodge Villas for a week during the least expensive season will "cost" 200 points. That same room during Christmas week will cost 350 points. (Sun - Thu is fewer points per night that Fri & Sat, and many people work the system to get maximum value from thier points. Since you're on the other side of the earth, you're unlikely to fly to Florida for 4 days, and I am assuming you will stay at least a week.)

There are additional yearly charges after you pay your buy-in cost of $20,000 (or whatever). You are assessed around $4 per point each year.

That $89 amount sounds like the going rate for a point these days.

It does seem confusing, but hang in there. There are lots of seasoned veterans around here.

Magic Maker

The reason the website is brief is because it is much better to speak with an actual DVC Cast Member. I know most people are afraid of doing that because they fear they will be pressured into it. However, this is Disney and we want you to enjoy the experience of learning about DVC.
Seriously order the DVD :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom