What's deflated your WDW enthusiasm the most: Pandemic or Genie+

What has deflated your WDW enthusiasm the most?

• The pandemic

• Genie+

Results are only viewable after voting.

BHF

Original Poster
I've noticed a large dip in overall excitement about the parks lately. But is it due to the impact of the pandemic, or the new addition of pay to ride Genie+ ? Or a bit of both? Or something else? Or are you as enthusiastic as ever?

Kramerica

I really could care less about the pandemic. Got the jab with more or less the understanding that Id get my normal life back and that’s what I’ve done. Don’t even pay attention to it anymore.

I’ve gotten pretty upset with Disney lately though. The complexity of going to the parks and the intrusive ways they try and get money from you is incredibly irritating. Genie+ will be awful and I’m not looking forward to it. But even before that, the removal of magical express, charging for parking at a hotel you’re paying to stay at for already bloated prices, forcing you to use the app for absolutely everything while the app itself seems buggy and unintuitive. (WHY OH WHY can’t I make park reservations right from the app, but instead am kicked to my browser to log in separately?!) and then reservations themselves! While not as bad as Disneyland, they still seem to remove the spontaneous feeling of going to the parks.

Im a Florida local now, so it doesn’t effect me, but the annual passes only being available to local residents just seems mean. My folks had intended on getting passes so they could visit us here in Florida, but after only being able to buy the insanely expensive top tier for out of state guests, we’ve decided that we’re all just going to get universal passes now. It’s less than half the cost and doesn’t come with any of the headache that disney is putting us through.

CynBeth

Genie + as I do not like having to be on my phone all of the time. We do have a trip booked for November but I have family members who are not sure if they feel comfortable traveling so will decide closer to the time if we will actually go. Since we have been fully vaccinated are trying to not worry and just enjoy life and go do things again.

DfromATX

This may sound terrible, but we went last February to check out the low crowds and we had one of the best times ever! I wish it would always be like that. Not only was the weather perfect, but the wait times were the lowest we've ever seen! Walk-on times for Space Mountain, Big Thunder, etc. The parks weren't even open full days, but we still got to do everything and then some. Did I mention it was fantastic? We're going again in January hoping for the same. We may as well take advantage of it while we can.

I think Genie+ STINKS!! And I'm not too happy about them taking away the Magical Express either.

Ayla

I really could care less about the pandemic. Got the jab with more or less the understanding that Id get my normal life back and that’s what I’ve done. Don’t even pay attention to it anymore.

I’ve gotten pretty upset with Disney lately though. The complexity of going to the parks and the intrusive ways they try and get money from you is incredibly irritating. Genie+ will be awful and I’m not looking forward to it. But even before that, the removal of magical express, charging for parking at a hotel you’re paying to stay at for already bloated prices, forcing you to use the app for absolutely everything while the app itself seems buggy and unintuitive. (WHY OH WHY can’t I make park reservations right from the app, but instead am kicked to my browser to log in separately?!) and then reservations themselves! While not as bad as Disneyland, they still seem to remove the spontaneous feeling of going to the parks.

Im a Florida local now, so it doesn’t effect me, but the annual passes only being available to local residents just seems mean. My folks had intended on getting passes so they could visit us here in Florida, but after only being able to buy the insanely expensive top tier for out of state guests, we’ve decided that we’re all just going to get universal passes now. It’s less than half the cost and doesn’t come with any of the headache that disney is putting us through.
Out of state residents were only ever allowed to buy the top tier AP's, paid in full at time of purchase, unless you were DVC. That is nothing new.

StarWarsGirl

I've been five times during the pandemic.

I'm not thrilled about Genie, but I travel with someone who has a DAS, and Genie is actually making improvements to that, so it's not a deal breaker for me.

Kramerica

Out of state residents were only ever allowed to buy the top tier AP's, paid in full at time of purchase, unless you were DVC. That is nothing new.
Didn’t know this, I guess I had assumed it was similar to Disneyland where almost all tiers were available to out of state guests. Thanks for clarifying.

jonnyc

The two have properly netted themselves out for me - the pandemic has delayed trips and made me desperate to just get out there so much so that I'll put up with the nickel and diming that is going on right now - which I'm sure is one of the things Disney is banking on at the moment 🙃.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom