What's deflated your WDW enthusiasm the most: Pandemic or Genie+

What has deflated your WDW enthusiasm the most?

• The pandemic

• Genie+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Benjamin_Nicholas

Sometimes, if you are lucky, you can even get selected as part of a focus group.
My family was part of a group in Epcot. It took about an hour, (no it wasn't a time share),
we just discussed different offerings in the parks and things we would be interested in
them offering.

Focus grouping at D happens ALL THE TIME. It's called taking the park's temperature.

Honestly, it rarely results in major change.

Bottom line, unless they see a drop in profit or angry shareholders, parks do exactly what parks want to do.

NelsonRD

Crowds, and the continued hoarding of guests is one of the biggest issues facing us. When going as a kid in the 80's, to now, the parks feel less intimate, and less special. It has nothing to do with the class of people, it is just the number of people. Waiting and being rushed though everything, is reducing the value for me. Not happy with all the decisions, and cost increases will affect the frequency of our visits, but the overwhelming crowds affects us while we are in the parks.

Diamond Dot

My last trip was in September 2019 and to be honest, I was ready to have a break from WDW for a couple of years. Having done Disneyland and hopped immediately over to WDW I saw differences in my experiences that completely favoured DL over WDW, many of the rides are better, I much prefer POTC, SpaM and HM (Although I did go when it was themed Nightmare Before Christmas) in DL to WDW, the only ride I prefer at WDW is Splash Mountain because I don't like the boats in DL.
However, what makes DL a better experience is the guests. It feels like a locals park and not a destination for vloggers and social media junkies. In general they are less entitled, none of 'it's for kids' attitude you get a lot of at WDW, there were lots of solo adults and chatting to people in line a lot where AP holders who come for the day for fun, which is what Disney should be about. I was quite jealous of the guy who told me he liked to come on his day off work to decompress from the stress. And best of all, no buses!
However, having now been away for two years and booked for WDW in March I'm looking forward to getting back to WDW, having $504 in dining credits and a $200 gift card makes it more appealing, especially with the price rises, but, I'm dreading being reminded about why people go there nowadays and I'm planning to make a T-shirt that will politely show that life shouldn't be lived through a screen.
So, I don't think the pandemic actually affected my enthusiasm, but, while I'm disappointed about the introduction of Genie+ I may go for it because I did the MaxPass at DL in 2019 and loved it, but, I want to see if the Lightening Lane is as good as the MaxPass because I got to go on Guardians of The Galaxy way too many times than is healthy, I would book a new slot as soon as I scanned my pass and with the attraction photos it did work out good for me. However, as we get the Memory Maker free with UK bookings I'm wondering what extra perks the Genie+ will give us and if I can book a pass for the same ride as soon as I've swiped in the existing pass.

OG Runner

Focus grouping at D happens ALL THE TIME. It's called taking the park's temperature.

Honestly, it rarely results in major change.

Bottom line, unless they see a drop in profit or angry shareholders, parks do exactly what parks want to do.

Do you know this or is this just your opinion? Do you have an example of a change that was
made specifically due to a drop in profit or angry shareholders? I understand having an opinion
on something, but to put a statement about the bottom line without any supporting information
is just wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom