What's ahead?

cm1988

Original Poster
Check out this link at MSNBC for an article entitled "Disney Tweaks Offerings for 'New Normal'". Among the reported information, Imagination is due to reopen in early June, Philharmagic --- not till Fall, 2003. A new show for Epcot is also described.

DigitalDisney

There's actually some good information in this article, assuming it's true.

Aside from what was mentioned above:
- The new Imagination ride will be 9 minutes (does this time include some sort of preshow? or the ride actually longer with more stops along the way)
- AK will extend its hours eventually. More light fixtures have been added to the park.

This is an interesting read, folks.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by happy snapper
Is that 70 acres at AK or in the world? Im not sure about the asumption that everyone is after fast coaster style rides.

I agree. I hope they don't forget the magic and sell out for teen thrills.

MKCustodial

A new, high-tech communications system offers 500 wireless personal translation units that allow visitors whose understanding of French, German, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish is better than English to visit 13 park rides and hear the entire show ? complete with Disney character voices ? in their native languages.
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

You guys have no idea how good it is to hear this is working!! Now, my family will be able to enjoy WDW a lot more, and my girlfriend will have a first experience a lot better than I did, not to mention my future children!! :D

DisneyKrazed

Originally posted by MKCustodial

I agree. I hope they don't forget the magic and sell out for teen thrills.

Why isn't it possable to do both? Look at rides like Tower of Terror. They are thrill rides and have the disney magic! It can be done! :D

Is there some great reson they would just stop with the "magic" and go for thrills. A balance is in rides is a must and I don't see why they would sell out.

joho0

Originally posted by happy snapper
Is that 70 acres at AK or in the world? Im not sure about the asumption that everyone is after fast coaster style rides.

That's just room to expand at AK. The entire resort still has several square MILES left to develop, and that's not counting setbacks and land marked for conservation.

agdbeanie

Originally posted by DisneyKrazed

Why isn't it possable to do both? Look at rides like Tower of Terror. They are thrill rides and have the disney magic! It can be done! :D

Is there some great reson they would just stop with the "magic" and go for thrills. A balance is in rides is a must and I don't see why they would sell out.

I totally agree!!!! I don't think anyone want it to be like *cough*IOA----heaven forbid! A balance is possible. Disney is great with themes---better than anyone else.

Rider

Despite the post-Sept. 11 tourism slump, both have hiked admission prices by $2 this year. That makes Disney’s $48 one-park, one-day ticket the least expensive of the “big three” Central Florida resorts.

Except they dont mention that SW and US was at $47 when they raised prices to $49. So bassicly you save $1 by going to one disney park, but who can go to just one when you are there?

Lovecraft

I just hope that they don't forget it all started with a mouse.

heh sorry, it had to be said ;)

It is slightlyworrisome to me that they are installing "off the shelf" type rides in Animal Kingdom. The worry comes from the loss of "Disney" magic theming-- I mean, yes it absolutly CAN be done with magic if the right company under the proper Disney direction builds it -- but there is that fear in me that it will not be done properly, to the standards that *I* have for Disney (Which, of course, are not the same standards I hold for IOA, US or Six Flags etc.)

I do hope they do it right, I want my future children and grandchildren to experience the magic that I have experienced-- not meaning the same exact rides, just the same quality of magic. I was terribly unimpressed by Islands of Adventure even though there were some great rides there. When I got back in my car to go to my hotel I thought about this. Why was I unimpressed with Islands of Adventure? The rides were great fun and in the case of some technologically incredible! (Like Amazing Spiderman). The dueling dragons coasters were a blast, I rode them three times in a row. So what, I asked myself, was missing from my experience to leave me feeling unimpressed overall? MAGIC. I even said it out loud when I figured it out "MAGIC". Islands of adventure was lacking the magic I had come to expect in a theme park because of Disney World. I felt absolutly no magic there. It was like eating freeze dried ice cream. Tastes like ice cream, smells like icecream, is even chemically equivalent to ice cream (with the exception of water) but without the texture and refreshing coldness of real ice cream the experience is lacking. Yes, Islands of Adventure was freeze dried icecream. The park lacked a soul.

I hope to God that Disney World never loses or completly sells its soul.

--Lovecraft

Nineinchnailsmk

yea, disney still has miles of land to develop. it sits on 47 some odd square miles. the 70 acres would be awesome though if they could develop (as mentioned in a million other threads) a "disneysea" type area to the animal kingdom

althought.....i wouldnt want to take away from living seas

ToTBellHop

The point of the Animal Kingdom section was that many people find Animal Kingdom lacking in excitement. The park does not have a massive thrill ride like the other parks yet; this is one thing it needs--more rides, at least one of which a massive e-ride. That and a *cough* nighttime show *cough*
Kyle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom