Whatever happened to "Lucky" the dinosaur??

Pixie VaVoom

Original Poster
I just realized that I have not heard nor seen anything about thie new technology for animating m+g characters. Anybody got any news??

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm guessing that it was a fad that has ended..Sure they may have some displayed during D23 Expo but, I doubt will see anything unique for the parks like that for a long time.

Pixie VaVoom

Original Poster
: ( But thanks for the info guys - I am headed to the 'world' 1/18 - 1/26, and I was hoping to catch a glimpse. Rats.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As much of a hit as the thing was, why didn't Disney build a fleet of them?
He had a good deal of technical problems from what I understand. If you are going to have a performer that has to be on stage 5 times a day, you kind of need them to work properly on all 5.

Lucky

He had a good deal of technical problems from what I understand. If you are going to have a performer that has to be on stage 5 times a day, you kind of need them to work properly on all 5.
He often didn't make his scheduled appearances. I had to go to AK three days just to see him once.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
He often didn't make his scheduled appearances. I had to go to AK three days just to see him once.
I got Lucky (pun intended:p) and caught him on a good day and saw back to back performances.

I think the tech could work at places like DL where you have a lot of locals and could just do them without releasing a schedule. That however would not fly with WDW's uber "plan our trip down to the last second" crowd.

Voxel

President of Progress City
As much of a hit as the thing was, why didn't Disney build a fleet of them?
I believe that reason was that it was experiment technology and many of the areas they had issues with where battery related. I believe that cost of the battery was a big factor. To give you an idea a Tesla battery is currently $15,000 now. Who knows how much that battery probably cost back in 2005.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
How about the Muppet living characters? I recall seeing pictures of Bunsen and Beaker on a bicycle-type thing? And I seem to remember hearing something about an Electric Mayhem bus?? Were those for Tokyo??

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How about the Muppet living characters? I recall seeing pictures of Bunsen and Beaker on a bicycle-type thing? And I seem to remember hearing something about an Electric Mayhem bus?? Were those for Tokyo??

MuppetLabs_030207_DM.sized.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom