• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Whatever happened to "Lucky" the dinosaur??

Pixie VaVoom

Original Poster
I just realized that I have not heard nor seen anything about thie new technology for animating m+g characters. Anybody got any news??

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm guessing that it was a fad that has ended..Sure they may have some displayed during D23 Expo but, I doubt will see anything unique for the parks like that for a long time.

Pixie VaVoom

Original Poster
: ( But thanks for the info guys - I am headed to the 'world' 1/18 - 1/26, and I was hoping to catch a glimpse. Rats.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As much of a hit as the thing was, why didn't Disney build a fleet of them?
He had a good deal of technical problems from what I understand. If you are going to have a performer that has to be on stage 5 times a day, you kind of need them to work properly on all 5.

Lucky

He had a good deal of technical problems from what I understand. If you are going to have a performer that has to be on stage 5 times a day, you kind of need them to work properly on all 5.
He often didn't make his scheduled appearances. I had to go to AK three days just to see him once.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
He often didn't make his scheduled appearances. I had to go to AK three days just to see him once.
I got Lucky (pun intended:p) and caught him on a good day and saw back to back performances.

I think the tech could work at places like DL where you have a lot of locals and could just do them without releasing a schedule. That however would not fly with WDW's uber "plan our trip down to the last second" crowd.

Voxel

President of Progress City
As much of a hit as the thing was, why didn't Disney build a fleet of them?
I believe that reason was that it was experiment technology and many of the areas they had issues with where battery related. I believe that cost of the battery was a big factor. To give you an idea a Tesla battery is currently $15,000 now. Who knows how much that battery probably cost back in 2005.

brifraz

How about the Muppet living characters? I recall seeing pictures of Bunsen and Beaker on a bicycle-type thing? And I seem to remember hearing something about an Electric Mayhem bus?? Were those for Tokyo??

danlb_2000

How about the Muppet living characters? I recall seeing pictures of Bunsen and Beaker on a bicycle-type thing? And I seem to remember hearing something about an Electric Mayhem bus?? Were those for Tokyo??

MuppetLabs_030207_DM.sized.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom