What would you like to see most in the Jurassic Park Expansion?

BryceM

Original Poster
When I first heard word of this expansion, I was excited. Very excited, actually. Jurassic Park is a beautifully themed island at Islands of Adventure, but it has truly always been lacking. JPRA is great, it really is. As is Camp Jurassic. The land's other ride (Pteranodon Flyers) is extremely low capacity and has a limited audience. Another attraction is simply needed.

Of all of the rumored attractions, I would like to see the Discovery Center dark-ride the most. It would (hopefully) be a slow moving dark-ride that could attract families, (hopefully) be educational, have a high capacity (if it was to be an omnimover) and it would be part of the canon.

Islands of Adventure should have another dark-ride, and this would be perfect. All of the other dark-rides in the park are too intense for the whole family to enjoy (even Cat in the Hat could dissuade many from riding due to the spinning). As long as "everything goes wrong and raptors get out" isn't part of the storyline, I think it could be perfect.

What would you like to see most? Amber Mine coaster? Jeep ride? The long forgotten helicopter ride?

(Oh, and I'm also still praying for a refurbishment of some of the herbivores on JPRA. PRAYING.)

When I first heard word of this expansion, I was excited. Very excited, actually. Jurassic Park is a beautifully themed island at Islands of Adventure, but it has truly always been lacking. JPRA is great, it really is. As is Camp Jurassic. The land's other ride (Pteranodon Flyers) is extremely low capacity and has a limited audience. Another attraction is simply needed.

Of all of the rumored attractions, I would like to see the Discovery Center dark-ride the most. It would (hopefully) be a slow moving dark-ride that could attract families, (hopefully) be educational, have a high capacity (if it was to be an omnimover) and it would be part of the canon.

Islands of Adventure should have another dark-ride, and this would be perfect. All of the other dark-rides in the park are too intense for the whole family to enjoy (even Cat in the Hat could dissuade many from riding due to the spinning). As long as "everything goes wrong and raptors get out" isn't part of the storyline, I think it could be perfect.

What would you like to see most? Amber Mine coaster? Jeep ride? The long forgotten helicopter ride?

(Oh, and I'm also still praying for a refurbishment of some of the herbivores on JPRA. PRAYING.)

The discovery center dark ride would be awesome! Talk about an immersive JP experience. I think a family thrill ride would also need to be included in the expansion as the Discovery Center dark ride wouldn't be able to support a marketing campaign. It sounds like more of a bonus than a main attraction.

Regardless of what is included in a potential expansion, I think JPRA will still be the primary draw of the island.

BryceM

Original Poster
The discovery center dark ride would be awesome! Talk about an immersive JP experience. I think a family thrill ride would also need to be included in the expansion as the Discovery Center dark ride wouldn't be able to support a marketing campaign. It sounds like more of a bonus than a main attraction.

Regardless of what is included in a potential expansion, I think JPRA will still be the primary draw of the island.
I agree about the dark-ride. It doesn't have the same draw as a family coaster. If they did go the dark-ride route, I wonder if it would be educational based (such as simply an informative tour) or plot based. Heck, they could have another type of dark-ride up their sleeves.

It would be awesome to get either both the family coaster and some sort of dark-ride.

BryceM

Original Poster
A Discovery Center worth visiting more than once...
Not hooked on the Dinosaur trivia game? ;)

But yes, new AAs are needed desperately for JPRA. The only really good one is the T-Rex. I really hate the inappropriate looking broken neck one at the very beginning... That one needs some desperate help.

HTF

Not hooked on the Dinosaur trivia game? ;)

But yes, new AAs are needed desperately for JPRA. The only really good one is the T-Rex. I really hate the inappropriate looking broken neck one at the very beginning... That one needs some desperate help.

Tiffany is an amazing AA while the rest are something I expect to see in an original Fantasyland attraction.

scoobygirl39541

I would list what I'd like to see, but at this point, I'm not putting uni in a box. For all we know, they could have some secret technology in development and the exciting part is, I wouldn't put it past them. I'm not ready to believe they'll settle for a regular omnimover yet!

ThemeParks4Life

New AA's in River Adventure
Family Coaster
New Food Options

Weren't those the original plans that got scrapped? I've said it before, but I'll believe this and any other JP rumor when actual construction starts.

djlaosc

Discovery Center dark-ride

Can I say all of the above? ;)

It feels weird to think that that could be possible - with the main thing stopping it being space, not money - we're not used to that...

IWant2GoNow

New AA's in River Adventure
Family Coaster
New Food Options

When you say New AA's do you mean additional or just replacing the current ones with newer gear?

Also have my interest peaked on the Discovery Center... is there enough room for a ride to be put in down there?

I think I'm more excited about the JP expansion than I am HP 2.0. I just hope they go all out with it.

GLaDOS

I Do not want a kiddie ride. So No Amber mine for me. I want a roller coaster or the family dark ride. More photo spots as well.

The amber mine isn't a kiddie ride. It's Big Thunder/Mine train like in it's thrills. It'd be no more like a kiddie ride than the dark ride.

IAmFloridaBorn

The amber mine isn't a kiddie ride. It's Big Thunder/Mine train like in it's thrills. It'd be no more like a kiddie ride than the dark ride.
Hmm, well if it is anything on the scale of Big Thunder Mountain, i'll take it.

Might just be me, but this is the one expansion I'm most excited for of the few rumored.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom