What would you like to see at Wonders of Life?

Select a COMBINATION:

• A1 PICK ONE: Keep the building

Votes: 45 51.1%
  • A2 PICK ONE: Demolish the building

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • B1 PICK ANY: Keep Cranium Command (if "A1" selected)

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • B2 PICK ANY: Keep Body Wars (if "A1" selected)

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • B3 PICK ANY: Update theme and interactive areas (if "A1" selected)

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • C1 PICK ONE: Keep it health-related

• C2 PICK ONE: Change it to a weather pavilion

• C3 PICK ONE: Pixar/Computer animation pavilion

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • C4 PICK ONE: Imagineer something new...but keep it relevant

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • D1 PICK ONE: Use space as a pavilion with variety of attractions

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • D2 PICK ONE: Change building into a thrill ride/post show

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • D3 PICK ONE: Change into a single attraction, not necessarily a thrill

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • E1 PICK ANY: Have it hosted by Toy Story characters

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • E2 PICK ANY: Include Disney characters

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • E3 PICK ANY: Include original characters

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • F1 PICK ONE: Include StormRider technology to be included

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • F2 PICK ONE: Include brand new style attraction to be included

Votes: 47 53.4%
  • Keep the building closed/seasonal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reopen the building as is

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other - describe

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

General Grizz

Original Poster
How it works:

You are designing the new Wonders of Life pavilion. You can pick (but do not HAVE to pick) either a single item or multiple items from categories A-F. If you see "PICK ONE," you can only pick one item from that lettered category. If you see "PICK ANY," you can multiple choice any from that category.

Remember that if you demolish the building, there's no point in bringing back Cranium Command or Body Wars, so make sure all of your selections make sense...together!

Have fun.

SirGoofy

Demolish the building, Imagineer a new theme, build a new attraction, build a pavillion around the new attraction, and bring back an EPCOT Center feel to it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
OK, how about a pavilion that houses all the :
  • " never gonna happen "
  • " I wish they would bring back "
attractions.

PeeplMoovr

I went with keep the building, imagineer something new (although I'd be happy with keeping the health-related theme or even a weather pavilion), keep it as a pavilion and not just a single ride, use original characters, and I'd include a dark ride with AA's - something that wasn't on the list so I picked "brand new style of attraction".
I figure my answers jibe with the original EPCOT style which I prefer. Although The Land and the proposed The Living Seas refurbs are to my liking, so I can hope that a WoL refurb will be done in good taste.

Connor002

a weather pavilion sounds interesting

it would depend on how the imagineers could design rides for it though, i don't want any cheap, non-imaginative rides

General Grizz

Original Poster
Based on the poll, at this time, the building will remain with interactive areas. It will become a weather pavilion with a variety of attractions and will mostly include original characters. The main feature will be an attraction that features brand new technology.

Too bad Cranium Command doesn't fit into the story. :lol:

PeeplMoovr

General Grizz said:
Too bad Cranium Command doesn't fit into the story. :lol:

I agree. That is one attraction I'd like to see stick around (and as much as I personally like the old SNL characters in it, it wouldn't hurt to update the characters and style.) Something tells me we've seen the last of Cranium Command, though.

mkepcotmgmak

PeeplMoovr said:
I agree. That is one attraction I'd like to see stick around (and as much as I personally like the old SNL characters in it, it wouldn't hurt to update the characters and style.) Something tells me we've seen the last of Cranium Command, though.

i enjoyed cranium command when i watched it last year, but i'm not rushing back when the pavillion opens to see it again.

i say scrap the entire building, make it weather related or a brand new idea (although keep in tune with Epcot's Edutainment style, but make it interesting.)

bring in several attractions, and include original characters.

brkgnews

Here's my $0.02...

I'd absolutely geek out over a weather pavilion. I'm a big weather nut, and I think it would certainly fit in with the general FUTURE WORLD theme -- forces that shape the world around us. I'd keep the current building -- the top of it kind of looks like a weather radar dome anyway. Replace the big ol' DNA structure with a tornado. On the inside of the dome roof, you could paint all kinds of weather symbols (cold fronts, isobars, etc). StormRiders would be a no-brainer (and a clone -- brownie points there with the budget folks!). I'd also put in a SHORT film. It'd also be neat to have some interactive areas where you could stand in front of a blue screen and play weatherman with maps behind you (and, a la Imagination, email the pix to friends). Get Baron Services to sponsor that part (they're the guys who make probably 90% of the weather radar systems you see on TV). The entire pavilion could be sponsored by the Weather Channel.

Not that I've thought about any of this before or anything.

General Grizz

Original Poster
The Weather Channel should sponsor it and develop new ways to track storms... you know, man's quest to understand nature. Very relevant here in Florida. ;)

If it were up to me, if the "health" topic couldn't be revived, I'd vote for PROGRESSLAND... a dark-ride preshow, Carousel of Progress main feature, and a variety of other exhibits...

... and then rework Innoventions with a new theme. :D

Chape19714

I always thought CoP would fit into Epcot, but i voted different. I think a brand new ride, that informes and entertains. Weather would be neat with StormRiders inside. I think a new ride with new tech., and new charactors, with some familiar faces. If Innoventions were to be torn down, move it to there in the Disneyland style of Innoventions. How about...Journey to the Center of the Earth...just kidding. :lol:

dxwwf3

A1, B1, B2, B3, C1

The question was "what would YOU LIKE to see at Wonders of Life". Not what you think Disney should do for business, and not what you think will happen. It's what I would prefer if it were my choice.

speck76

The idea of a weather pavilion has always appealed to me.

I think an attraction like stormrider could replace Body Wars....of course using the newer stormrider simulators.....not the old style. The story could be reworked to the local environment (with hurricanes).

The subject of weather is so large.....and I think the look at footprint of the current pavilion lends itself well.

I would eventually like to see the health & health technology subject reintroduced to Epcot, but maybe not in the near-term.

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
The idea of a weather pavilion has always appealed to me.

I think an attraction like stormrider could replace Body Wars....of course using the newer stormrider simulators.....not the old style. The story could be reworked to the local environment (with hurricanes).

The subject of weather is so large.....and I think the look at footprint of the current pavilion lends itself well.

I would eventually like to see the health & health technology subject reintroduced to Epcot, but maybe not in the near-term.

Even though I voted the way I did, I think these are great ideas too. Especially since it seems that WoL is indeed on the way out. I've heard nothing but great things about StormRider and it would be a very worthwhile replacement for Body Wars.

Hopefully something will actually go in the WoL spot if it does close for good soon.

wdwishes2005

imho major updating of the building, MAJOR overhaul of Body wars, keep cranium and making of me, expand the pavilion to include a rollercoaster themed like a pill, and add a full service restaurant that asks your diet then creates a menu friendly to that diet for you.

Disnut

I would most likely want the same theme with maybe a family ride. To bring families to that side of the park. If I couldn't have the same theme make it with the weather but using a dark ride and a little excitement, not much (for us people who don't like coasters or fast rides).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom