WHAT WOULD YOU DO...

yensid67

My 50th birthday was in August. I had planned to go to WDW in December, then October to celebrate, BUT now we are going in May 2018. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday then...See Poll Question

JIMINYCR

Of Course Celebrate. 50 is a big one and deserves to be Celebrated where Celebrations are the best. You can have a party at home.... but the real party happens at Disney. Grab one of those I'm Celebrating my Birthday pins and wear one on your shirt proudly.

Disney-birthday-party-clip-art-images-disney-clip-art-galore.png

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Who cares when you choose to celebrate the big 5-0?! We regularly celebrate birthdays throughout the year and stretch them out! Our cruise last October was to "celebrate" my youngest DS turning 10 (his bday was in July) and we had the CM deliver the b-day pin and everything. Go and have great, big, happy 50th at the best place you possibly could!:)

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I just wasn't sure if making a BIG DEAL about my Birthday like this was such a big deal! I will heed your advices and celebrate like I am 49 again! LOL

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Of Course Celebrate. 50 is a big one and deserves to be Celebrated where Celebrations are the best. You can have a party at home.... but the real party happens at Disney. Grab one of those I'm Celebrating my Birthday pins and wear one on your shirt proudly.

Disney-birthday-party-clip-art-images-disney-clip-art-galore.png
Thanks for the PARTY MICKEY! love it! Hope to see you in May!!??

Upvote 0

freesvoice

Who cares when you choose to celebrate the big 5-0?! We regularly celebrate birthdays throughout the year and stretch them out! Our cruise last October was to "celebrate" my youngest DS turning 10 (his bday was in July) and we had the CM deliver the b-day pin and everything. Go and have great, big, happy 50th at the best place you possibly could!:)
So this is why everyone at the parks seems to be celebrating something even though it seems statistically impossible, they just make up their own birthday and celebration dates?

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Possible, although my oldest DS has actually celebrated his actual b-day at DL and on a Disney cruise. DH and I actually celebrated our actual anniversary earlier in Sept. on a Disney Cruise. Not sure its any different than having trick or treat in September at MNSSHP, etc. And it could've been they celebrated they actual day earlier in their stay and left the pin on? Not sure I've ever bothered to give that much effort into thinking about it.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

So this is why everyone at the parks seems to be celebrating something even though it seems statistically impossible, they just make up their own birthday and celebration dates?

A very very small percentage of people can manage to get to WDW on the exact day of their birthday or other major event. If you are a local... yeah lets just pop in and have a birthday dinner. But a lot more people celebrating a major birthday or anniversary often decide to plan a trip to celebrate the event but the exact date wont work out. Nothing wrong with that. Two years ago our 25th anniversary was in July, we wanted to celebration the occasion at WDW but couldnt get there until Sept. So we celebrated with a minor event at home and majorly at Disney with a group of our friends who were there with us.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
According to the Poll, the census say GO FOR IT and CELEBRATE! I will heed your advices and do just that! I don't expect any special treatment like giving me free merchandise or meal...although it would be nice! I have always wanted to be a Grand Marshal for a parade, but they reserve that for families! LOL!!!! I forgot to write in the first post that this will be my last trip to WDW, unless I will the lottery and I am given the body of a 20 year old! So this trip will be bitter-sweet! The costs are getting too much for someone that is on disability...I have been saving since 2013 for this trip! To add injury, the older I get the worse my health is getting. I can't do the same things I used to do even a year ago! GETTING OLD SUCKS....Don't get old! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom