What would you do?

wdwmomof3

We are planning a vacation to Disney for next Dec. & I am now trying to find a place to book. We have a couple of choices. Will you help me choose? I had planned on POR and pray that thet offer free dining again but then I saw the reviews for Bonnet Creek and it looks amazing. It would also be nice to have all of that room. What should I do?

CAPTAIN HOOK

It depends on "when" in December you're travelling. If its during Christmas / New Year then I would recommend on property (to virtually ensure entry when the parks are reaching capacity) and to make the most use of EMHs.
My choice would be POFQ.
Otherwise I'd stay off property. There's an awful lot you can do with an extra $350 (once car parking fees have been paid).

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
I am really leaning towards Dec. 4th - 12th, this is when Pop warner will be there & with all of the complaints at POR, where we would have to stay because of 5 in our party, I am concerned.

HELP! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

It's been a few years but we have been at POR when the Pop Warner people were there. They seemed to be mostly at Port Orleans French Quarter, at least that year.

There are stories on here about some unrully PW people in the pools but we don't use those so can't really say. I think some isolated incidents get magnified, at least for the Moderate resorts.

One time PW did affect our stay at POR in December- we couldn't get a reservation. Waited too late and had to stay at Pop Century.
I think a lot of family members and friends accompany the PW players and cheer leaders to WDW and many of them get rooms at POR and other places.

In summary, I would not put off a trip to WDW with a stay at POR just because of Pop Warner. It's not the type of resort where the groups run around in gangs.

Good luck.
Have fun.
:)

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
Thank you RiversideBunny. I am really wanting to book this trip in the next couple of weeks so that we do get a room there. We loved the resort so hopefully everything will work out.

I am also hoping for free dining like they did this past year, although I'm not holding my breath. :ROFLOL: I did talk to the kids about staying off site and I thought they were going to cry. They want to ride the Disney buses, can you believe that? :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

BiggerTigger

We stayed at All Star Sports for one night, NEVER AGAIN! The kids were wild. I couldn't believe how they acted. Running all around, screaming, being rude, it was not pleasant and we stayed on the back side of the hotel.
We did move over to Port Orleans-French Quarter. Very nice place. Everything was near by and the place was intimate.
But with a family of Five (not sure of the make up) may want to look at other resorts that offer family living spaces.

Upvote 0

corey154

I picked other, i'd look at how much a suite at the Allstar music or movies, which ever ones of those have the suites that will hold your family. Also another option (prob not the cheapest) is the cabins at ft wilderness....we loved staying there last december!!!!

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I picked POR because I just think there's something about staying on property that makes the trip a little more magical. I know why your kids like riding the Disney buses, haha. I do too! I love getting on the Magical Express at the airport, riding the buses to the parks, and basically being surrounded by Disney 24/7. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

the Pop Warner organization is actually located in my area, so I know alot of people who attend the event. They do not have the 2010 plans finalized yet, but it will most likely be during the time you will be there (I'm planning on going that week too:) Anyway, the pop folks are given two choices of resorts to stay at the All Stars or POR in which a certain amount of rooms are blocked off for them. Once the all stars fill, they all most go to POR.

Why not stay at a different moderate resort. We were there during Pop Warner week in 2008 and stayed at Coronado and LOVED it!

Good luck with your decision. Hope to see you there!

Upvote 0

materbuddy

I don't think Bonnet Creek is considered a Disney resort- therefore you don't receive any of the "On site " perks such as free transportation and EMH.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Perhaps try and save a little more and go with a deluxe resort. Depends on your budget though, of course. It keeps you away from the PW group. It's a bit more money but IMHO the experience/atmosphere is worth the value.

But, a bit of a warning...once you go deluxe, you never go back!
;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom