What would you do? - Value verses Moderate Resorts

CarterFamilyof11

So here's my situation. We got a lot of kids and not a lot of money lol. Well, I mean, obviously enough to go to Disney but I need to stick to a budget. We have made it a tradition to take a child on a solo trip to Disneyworld for their 16th birthday. It's their sweet 16 present. (and who I am I kidding? Another excuse for me to go to Disney! Heehee!) My daughter and I are flying down the last week of January. We can go for 5 days and do the quick service plan if we stay at a moderate resort (I love love Riverside, but we are considering the new GDT at Coronado maybe). However, if we stay at a value resort - we can go for 7 days, do the upgraded dining plan and possibly even a dessert party or afterhours party. I havent stayed at one of the All-Stars in literally over a decade but a friend just came back and was super regretful she stayed at one and that has me second guessing my decision to even consider one. But I want some seasoned WDW-ers to weigh in and tell me whether or not they'd choose the shorter stay at a moderate or the longer stay at an all-star. This daughters last trip was in 2016 when the entire family went and we stayed at Pop then. Her only request is we stay some place she hasnt stayed before. (She's been to Pop, Caribbean Beach, and Swan and Dolphin.) With a new wave of promotionals being released next month for our booking window, I want to nail down the specifics now. Thank you in advance for your time :)

TARDIS

I would take a longer stay with more upgrades every time. How often do you plan to be in the room/resort? If it’s a trip full of park time then do you really care about the room as long as it’s clean and ready for showers and sleep? I Just stayed at All Star Movies and it’s now refurbished and adequate if you don’t want to re-do a resort.

PersonalIy would say go with POP again.

Upvote 0

Raegansmommy

What about letting your daughter pick? We have been spoiled by AKL, so when I just booked a trip for December they were all whining about having to stay somewhere else! We have stayed at all levels and they just really enjoy AKL. With that said, I would lay out the options to your daughter and let her choose. After all, it is her special time! What a fun idea!

I forgot to add, we love the dining plan. I love having everything paid in advance and not having to worry while on vacation. We purchase gift cards at Target to save 5% on the trip. We like the Disney Dining plan with 1 sit down and 1 quick service.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom