What Would You Consider to be a Success...

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
for Disney from now until, say, 2016? Broad question, I realize, but it seems painfully obvious that many of us consider WDW's current trajectory in Orlando to be downward slope. So what would each of you like to see completed or started by 2016 in the resort as a whole? Keep in mind, this isn't a wishlist, but rather an idea of what Disney could (reasonably) do to satisfy you and other visitors.

2014 -
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster opens without a hitch
  • New 4-D Phineas and Ferb show replaces Captain EO
  • Journey Into Imagination is closed, re-imagined with original attraction in mind
  • Outpost between China and Germany is rethemed into a celebration of the FIFA World Cup
  • Avatar Land is scrapped, Beastly Kingdomme talks begin once again

2015-
  • Tomorrowland Speedway is closed and demolished to make room for new Wonderland expansion
  • Ellen's Energy Adventure is closed, re-imagined completely with new sponsor
  • Japan finally gets Bullet Train attraction
  • (If tensions in the country settle...) World Cup Celebration expands into the Brazil Pavilion
  • New Tangled show opens up in old Hunchback theater.

2016-
  • Wonderland is opened with new Alice darkride, Queen of Hearts attraction and a beautified Teacups
  • American Idol and Indiana Jones are closed and both areas are cleared for new Star Wars land.
  • Chester and Hester's is closed, replaced with an attraction about new Pixar movie, The Good Dinosaur.

What do you guys think? And what would you like to see being done by Disney by this time?

wdwfan4ver

I think your time line with American Idol and Indiana Jones is off. Based on what Martin is saying with Idol and Jones, it sounds like 2014 or 2015 Idol and Jones will be closed for Star Wars.

Martin made the comment see Indy whilst you still can and mentioned same with Idol, that sounds like the 2 attractions are going to close before 2016.

The timeland of Wonderland seems off since there is one year between the closing of Tomorrowland Speedway and Wanderland taking its place. Disney isn't that fast.

Figaro928

I would be happy with any improvements to HS. Right now it's (for us) a half day park at best. star wars, carsland, geez put Avatar there for all I care!! Just something!

Throw in a reimagined Imagination... (more important than the actual ride - redo the post-show play area) and I'll be a happy gal.

• New 4-D Phineas and Ferb show replaces Captain EO
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
  • Journey Into Imagination is closed, re-imagined with original attraction in mind
  • Outpost between China and Germany is rethemed into a celebration of the FIFA World Cup
  • Avatar Land is scrapped, Beastly Kingdomme talks begin once again
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Something about a Phineas and Ferb attraction really ticks me off. Now, Beastly Kingdomme on the other hand.....

copcarguyp71

Without specific dates:

WOL pavillion re-opened perhaps (I know this is a stretch) with relocating COP and attaching it to the pavillion.

Odyssey re-opened or repurposed

Imagination refurb and use of the upstairs once again

EO gone and replaced with a time machine 3D attraction...sorry but cartoons just don't do it for me where Epcot is concerned

Speedway gone...yes. But, use the space for Tomorrowland Expansion with another dark ride.

I know Star Wars is coming (sooner or later) but would rather see it take the place of LMA and Backlot than have it thrust into the front of the park. It would make the back of the park more appealing IMO since I am not a fan of Carsland and then use the Indy theater for a new re-imagined stunt show. Although having Star Tours where it is now would complicate things I know.

BiffyClyro

Don't mean to open a can of worms but journey into imagination closed for a reason. It wasn't as popular anymore so they re-imagined it which happened to be just as awful :p So it would be a waste of time and money to re do it to the old style.

Nice ideas apart from that though. I hope Avatar is scrapped. Feel like it's one of those movies where people loved the effects and not the storyline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom