What will you appreciate more about WDW after the pandemic?

durangojim

Original Poster
I love WDW. So much that I always can’t wait to experience everything it has to offer. I’m the dad the drives the rest of my family to walk quickly to one attraction or another to maximize our time. Now that our world has changed I’m going to slow down and “smell the flowers” and enjoy all if the details and beauty WDW has to offer. I look forward to sitting in Libert Square and Frontierland on a bench or rocking chair and listening to the background music and just enjoying the small details and watching happy people walking by.

Pepper's Ghost

I love WDW. So much that I always can’t wait to experience everything it has to offer. I’m the dad the drives the rest of my family to walk quickly to one attraction or another to maximize our time. Now that our world has changed I’m going to slow down and “smell the flowers” and enjoy all if the details and beauty WDW has to offer. I look forward to sitting in Libert Square and Frontierland on a bench or rocking chair and listening to the background music and just enjoying the small details and watching happy people walking by.
Exactly! This is one of my favorite parts of WDW. Just taking it all in!

belledream

I just want to see the look on my child’s face as he sees something new, exciting, intriguing, or wonderful again. I have always found so much magic in WDW, but it’s on a different level through his eyes. I feel so bad that we haven’t been able to take him out and do all the fun things we had planned this spring, but it’s comforting to know that WDW will be waiting for us when the time is right again.

eliza61nyc

Cast members
I have to say in the 20 years we've been going we have never come across some of the cm depicted here. Now let me add that I probably don't pay particular attention to the ride CM's, most of the time I'm running my mouth with my family so if a particular loader isn't smiling and sunshiney how much time do I have interacting with them?? 20 secs??

I have thoroughly enjoyed the resort cm's, all have been above nice and given me great time.

Skibum1970

Though we went in February, I would be very happy to walk around the resorts (WL and POR are our favorites) and see the flowers and trees. To experience the thrill that comes when boarding the plane in Cincinnati and deplaning in Orlando. Taking the lightrail to the main terminal and board the DME. All those things that occur while on a Disney vacation will be magnified (except, I hope for some of the negatives). I will also deeply enjoy walking down main street and boarding Pirates of the Caribbean. Plus, having the freedom to do all of these things.

DisneyNittany

Not so much anything in or at WDW in particular, because I've always been a more "slow it down and take it all in" guy anyway, whereas my wife is way more like how you described yourself. What I'll really appreciate is that I had/have the means, despite living in Pittsburgh, to visit WDW multiple times a year (and Disneyland every other year or so). Yes, my wife and I traveled for work, so we were able to get APs and do multiple flex travel weekends, but on top of that, we've also been able to do at least one 10+ day trip/year for the last four years too.

I've never gotten sick of it, because even though I love the attractions, I'm not there for the attractions. I'm there for the ambiance. I'm that weird dude that doesn't even complain about the Disney buses, because the alternative is either A) not being there or B) being offsite, and nothing excites me more than waking up in a WDW resort or returning to one at night (as opposed to walking through the parking lot, getting in your car, and driving offsite).

So, basically in a long winded way, I'm just going to really appreciate, more than I did, that I had the luxury to visit WDW seemingly when I wanted. I know I'm fortunate in that regard, and now that we don't know when we'll be able to again, it really makes me count my blessings.

Goofyernmost

I have to say in the 20 years we've been going we have never come across some of the cm depicted here. Now let me add that I probably don't pay particular attention to the ride CM's, most of the time I'm running my mouth with my family so if a particular loader isn't smiling and sunshiney how much time do I have interacting with them?? 20 secs??

I have thoroughly enjoyed the resort cm's, all have been above nice and given me great time.
Me either... 35 years of going to the place. I think that over the years I have seen a society that is unable, perhaps because we spend way to much time communication via machines instead of human to human. We have created a large grouping of "literal" people that only hear words and are unable to correctly identify meaning and intent by reading the persons body language. (Which is the human form of a Emoji) It is more important then the actual words, because it tells us the meaning of what is being said. Also people with no sense of humor or cannot laugh at themselves are likely to be more sensitive to words if they cannot see the humor in what is being spoken to them. Another problem is entitlement because they cannot accept that sometimes a loud or anxious warning is to protect them from harm and is interpreted as someone being rude to them.

An example is one time I was reading about someones rant about how rude a CM was to them. The parade was within a close distance when someone decided that they had enough time to get across the street so in spite of the CM nicely asking them not to cross, they did anyway. Why because of the "your not my mom" syndrome. They didn't realize that the restriction was for the good of them as well as the CM's in the parade. So the CM yelled at them to stop, which of course they didn't. Unfortunately, they did make it without getting hurt so they deducted that the CM was being rude when, in fact, they were being the rude and obnoxious ones in the story. Sometimes known as a total Bags. And most of us that have been on the boards for any length of time know the famous CoP CM panic reaction to people getting out of their seats and opening the door stopping the ride over and over again. They felt the CM was out of line, when they were the ones endangering themselves and inconveniencing the rest of the less entitled that just wanted to see the show.

It has been my observation that in the rare event that a CM has reached the end of tolerance for stupid or entitlement, it was completely brought on by the "offended" person themselves. Another reason why I hate a lot of the public.

Orangeanna

We're passholders and the past 2 years we've stayed off property due to parking fees etc. Now I'm actually willing to pay those ridiculous prices to stay in p.o.f.q. I want to be immersed, totally in the bubble. Want to sit by the river. I want to take a carriage ride and spend all day by the pool listening to that music( with a drink from the pool bar). Sadly, it may be a while. 2021??!!😭 I'm hoping sooner. I just made myself cry. Disneyplus anyone?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
People Watching.

People Watching - sitting on the patio at one of a number of places at DS. People Watching while enjoying one of a variety of drinks as I stroll around WS. Watching people have meltdowns from a 12 hour park day - as I sip on my Lapu Lapu at the Poly. Watching people by "The Puddle" right between Morocco and Japan right after a monsoon - that are completely oblivious to their surroundings and gauging their reaction right after they take the plunge.

I just want to see People again. Seeing them at Disney would be ideal.

DisneyNittany

We're passholders and the past 2 years we've stayed off property due to parking fees etc. Now I'm actually willing to pay those ridiculous prices to stay in p.o.f.q. I want to be immersed, totally in the bubble. Want to sit by the river. I want to take a carriage ride and spend all day by the pool listening to that music( with a drink from the pool bar). Sadly, it may be a while. 2021??!!😭 I'm hoping sooner. I just made myself cry. Disneyplus anyone?

Wife and I are Marriott people, so we would always stay at the Swan and Dolphin. However, for our last trip, we didn't feel like using points or paying the rate, so we ended up at French Quarter. While I missed the Crescent Lake area (I love walking around an empty World Showcase and then slowly filing out of IG and onto the Boardwalk), I fell totally in love with POFQ. Even though you're completely reliant on buses, that resort is just so well themed and very intimate.

JIMINYCR

Just being there. From our very first trip years ago to our last one, we have had wonderful experiences. Because we live miles and states away, and cant just pop in, the expense of it all and arranging the time away from our business, it makes every trip a luxury. We have never taken Disney for granted, or were certain that we would even be able to make it back for another trip. Its always been highly appreciated, for all we get to see and do and the enjoyment it has given. So I cant say I'll appreciate it "more", but now that the May trip was cancelled and the hope of returning was dashed to the ground, I do appreciate the times we have gone and the experiences we have to recall. Never have had as big a let down as this trip cancellation has given us.

BASS

I definitely miss the carefree attitude when you're there (and really anywhere on vacation). The pandemic has brought stress to all of our daily lives. We all now have concerns about money, employment, health, etc. that didn't exist a month or so ago. I can't wait to have those stresses liberated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom