What will they replace Lilo's Playhouse with?

winstongator

Original Poster
I haven't been to the Poly since Lilo's Playhouse closed. What did they replace it with? How about the other kids' clubs they closed? We are going to try the new Pixar Play Zone in November.

winstongator

Original Poster
Did the google myself and realized that they just closed. Edited post to see what people think they'll replace them with.

winstongator

Original Poster
Its not just Lilo's Playhouse that closed but all the child care centers.

Link:
Disney World Child Care Centers to Close Summer 2018
They've added the Pixar Play Center at the Contemporary. Just wondering what that space will become. On the app it showed up as Tangaroa Terrace, so it might become a restaurant? I don't know exactly where the other ones were - I mean the specific location at the resort.

Tuvalu

They've added the Pixar Play Center at the Contemporary. Just wondering what that space will become. On the app it showed up as Tangaroa Terrace, so it might become a restaurant? I don't know exactly where the other ones were - I mean the specific location at the resort.
That building has been called Tangaroa Terrace for decades, long after the original restaurant closed.
It used to house the arcade, private events and was a temporary location for Capt. Cooks when it was under refurb.

correcaminos

Lot of thoughts and speculation. No hard facts yet. Could really turn into anything, or nothing t all :)

briandoc

So far... nothing at all. All the signage remains in place and the resort maps still reference it. Kids ask about it every trip. Pixar Play area is gone and now it's Captain Hook's Pirate Crew at the Beach Club Resort for more money and less time. But that's not surprising. They'd rather let a space sit empty/idle if an experience doesn't fetch enough net profit. According to the staff before closing, they were always busy if not at 100% capacity and surveys indicated kids/parents loved it especially after the 2017 revamp. So Disney closed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom