What will Disney do for DCA’s 20th anniversary?

What will Disney do for DCA’s 20th anniversary?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SuddenStorm

FINALLY caught up. What a roller coaster the 2000s were for Disneyland fans.

This was certainly a fascinating post. One thing that really stood out to me was the fact that TDA was too cheap to replace the sign on the Wolfgang Puck restaurant. That is mind blowingly cheap and they should have been ashamed of themselves.

Isn't luxo on the Paradise Pier sign still broken?

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
18 years ago Disney’s California Adventure officially opened :

18 disappointing years of being both the park that tried to honor Californian history by making fun of it (with puns) and an IP dumping ground for whatever does not fit in the park across the way.
“TDA execs, and Imagineers beyond...
Give us a sign the green light is on.”

Darkbeer1

Let me share the backstory of my prior post, that sums up DCA 1.0 perfectly.

The original plan for Paradise Bay was a water fountain show, but the budget was cut.

But they were still supposed to have placed the plumbing foundation under the Bay so a show could be added in the Future. But that was then cut at the last minute.

So when they decided they had to do something with the lake, they had to go with Lumineria and fireworks/props and not water.

Finally when it was decided to do World of Color, the costs to retrofit was a nasty surprise. As they say Penny Wise, Pound (Dollar) foolish.

And as you know, it took a change of leadership to finally admit that the original version of DCA was a flop and needed more than lipstick.

So that truly is why there was no type of "anything" today.

So folks are hoping that the 20th will be celebrated with an announcement of something new and big.

And if you look at what is projected in the construction calendar, well, things are on track.

Happy Birthday, California Adventure!

For me, it has been an interesting journey going back at least 23 years......

Lots of frustration, but also hope for a better tomorrow.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom