What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

andysol

But they didn't limit capacity back then...

They also claim attendance is great and amazing and perfect and right where they want it.
How do we know they’re actually capping capacity and not artificially “capping” certain parks at times just to push the load and/or fit their staffing if short?

They’ve said they’re capping. Which I’d say too if my attendance was down or there was a way I could say “capping” when really it’s just spreading.

lazyboy97o

How do we know they’re actually capping capacity and not artificially “capping” certain parks at times just to push the load and/or fit their staffing if short?

They’ve said they’re capping. Which I’d say too if my attendance was down or there was a way I could say “capping” when really it’s just spreading.
They have always capped attendance, they just weren’t as aggressive or up front about it. Now they’re capping it to fit their needs so they can direct people elsewhere. Genie and Genie+ are similar in being about shifting guest movement to where Disney wants it.

Disney’s overall approach of wanting guests to be the right amount of crowded and miserable has not changed. They’ve just implemented means to make it easier for them.

Cesar R M

Right now, WDW is happy to sacrifice 2 M visits at year at MK and DL in order that their guests have a better experience and therefore pay a premium that more than makes up for loss of revenue from reduced attendance.

It's what they're doing now.

We all will have to wait until Disney finds the tipping point at which they can't extract any more "yield" from guests willing to pay the increasing premium costs. Only then would a third domestic park make business sense for the bottom line.
I wonder how long until they start to lock most seasonal/yearly passes behind some sort of subscription model.
With bundles with Disney+.

I imagine a dystopian future where DVC will be bundled with a very expensive monthly package that generates points per month instead of paying in advance (forcing long term paying). And only these large packages will allow people to buy the top tier unlimited passes for WDW and DL.

BlakeW39

This was mentioned somewhere, but I do think Disney has an angle to go for dinosaurs that are more scientifically accurate, which would differentiate them from JP. The JP dinosaurs don't look like real dinosaurs, and are more like movie monsters than anything else at this point.

This was me-- I really don't get the whole 'Jurassic Park argument' against dinosaurs at DAK. Everyone loves dinosaurs, before, after, and outside the success of Jurassic Park. Dinosaurs are awesome. Furthermore, the movie monsters of the Jurassic Park franchise are so far from our current understanding of dinosaurs that a land based on scientifically accurate dinosaurs and prehistoric environments would be very different from the land at Universal.

If I have any wish for tomorrow it'd be something to replace the current Dinoland. Modern Dinoland U.S.A. was originally supposed to be based on the badlands of the American west, where dinosaur fossils are frequently found, but there are two problems with this: for one, in order to make a good land based on dinosaur digs and modern paleontology you would need to incorporate extensive rockwork similar to that seen in the desert environments where fossils are typically found. Secondly, it's just kind of an underwhelming concept. A theme park land based on going to the time of the dinosaurs, something Jurassic Park does not do, is much more enthralling and appealing to a broad audience than is a paleontological dig where they find dinosaurs. I believe a SEA based land set in some kind of prehistoric landscape with a hodgepodge or various Mesozoic creatures could work really well and still be technically feasible under the constraints of established IP, depending on how the SEA stuff is handled at Disney.

Thepuma

Knowing Disney they will probably announce a Genie-Extra-Plus-Mega-Bonus+ .....its a brand new exciting extra that EVERYONE should buy...its like Genie+ but its $50 and you can only make 1 reservation per day, per park. You cant change the time and you have to buy it at 3am....but its truly amazing, groundbreaking and unique.

MadderAdder

How come IP characters in Small World never came up in conversation? It’s such a cheap redo that it’s a no brainer!
A lot of people don’t like that idea or that it cheapens the ride’s purpose/vision… turning it into a “find Waldo” game? I however think it would be fine. And fun!

Jrb1979

How come IP characters in Small World never came up in conversation? It’s such a cheap redo that it’s a no brainer!
That's the thing it's CHEAP. It's no wonder Disney can get away with what they do for new attractions. Guests seem happy with most new rides as long as it has IP. The last few additions outside of Rise have been meh. Webslingers isn't good, Remy is too screen based same with Guardians and Frozen is a lame IP overlay. The new Tiana attraction doesn't look impressive either. It feels like there isn't much innovation anymore. They slap IP on it and call it a day. The worst part is fans eat it up.

CaptainAmerica

That's the thing it's CHEAP. It's no wonder Disney can get away with what they do for new attractions. Guests seem happy with most new rides as long as it has IP. The last few additions outside of Rise have been meh. Webslingers isn't good, Remy is too screen based same with Guardians and Frozen is a lame IP overlay. The new Tiana attraction doesn't look impressive either. It feels like there isn't much innovation anymore. They slap IP on it and call it a day. The worst part is fans eat it up.
You might be the only person on the planet who doesn't consider Guardians to be excellent and Rat to be, at the very least, "solid."

SailorMercury

Guardians is literally the best thing at Epcot besides Living with the Land what are you on LMAO

jaxonp

I'm not saying the rides aren't fun cause they are. They just aren't innovative like Rise and FOP are.

I feel like the general consensus is that guardians is the best of the new additions in the last 5+ years… maybe I’ve got that wrong though.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I feel like the general consensus is that guardians is the best of the new additions in the last 5+ years… maybe I’ve got that wrong though.
No it is not. ROTR is... And I'm neither a Marvel or Lucasfilm fan by any means. Guardians is just a coaster with a giant screen that makes many people sick or dizzy. I have had very mixed reviews from people I have taken on that ride. On top of that, I'll never forgive Disney for building that STUPID giant box.

I'm not saying the rides aren't fun cause they are. They just aren't innovative like Rise and FOP are.
Agreed. Just because Chris Pratt is finally in a Disney ride does not make it the best thing in the world. Its just a roller coaster in a box doing what Space Mountain does better (as far as ridability for more people goes).

Last edited:

DonniePeverley

Rat does it's job of a nice little attraction in that area of the park. It doesn't push any boundaries, but it's cute enough.

They're simply not going to announce anything are they? We'll get the Tron release season (not an exact date), and more updates to the Moana gardens. That's it.

Its always the same way when you get a new CEO, they just ignore the parks during their early tenure. It was the same with Iger, who barely did anything during his first long period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom