What Will Come to Walt Disney World Next?

DisneyDose

Original Poster
Being a huge Disneyland fan, I extremely enjoyed the expansion of Disney California Adventure in Disneyland this past year.

When is an expansion this size going to come to Walt Disney World? What park will it be at?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Being a huge Disneyland fan, I extremely enjoyed the expansion of Disney California Adventure in Disneyland this past year.

When is an expansion this size going to come to Walt Disney World? What park will it be at?

I agree with @PhotoDave219 . The next major expansion will be at DHS. That's my gut feeling.

However, Animal Kingdom needs some serious love...

mguimond1990

I originally put this on the d23 post but its probably more suited for this thread.. what I would love to see that will never ever happen?! I was watching the new OZ movie and it dawned on me. Why not create an Oz themed land in DHS? Think about it, you could have the emerald castle, the yellow brick road, some dark ride with the flying monkies, a ride inside the castle like the one at hogwarts at universal. You could incorporate the beautiful land they created in the new movie, mixed with characters from the original...SO much potential. Id prefer that over Cars land. But if i had to choose between star wars/cars land, id go with star wars only because its something new and original. Let DCA have carsland.

Kyled48

Well, lets break down the parks briefly.

Magic kingdom is disney worlds "crowned jewel". After the seven dwarfs mine train is completed, you probably won't have to majorly change that park for a while.

Epcot, has seen some changes over the years, it draws pretty large crowd but being a kid, world showcase doesn't have many good e ticket rides, that is another possible change.

Disney Hollywood studios, was pretty much thrown together due to the fact of universals opening. It was really just supposed to be a half day park. So when you think about it, disney is trying to slowly change a half day park to a full day park without a full renovation, they are finding many challenges with that, so a full reno is definitely the way to go.

Animal kingdom, was the first animal theme park hybrid! I hear many people complain about the lack of thrill attractions. In my head, i think, the animals are the main attraction. I guess that there is avatarland coming in and a possible beastly kingdom. But when you are ranting about how bad the park is, remember that it is all about animals!

So at the end of the day, disney has a handful of things to worry about, but they will always have to keep it to a true disney experience!

Zman-ks

What Will Come to Walt Disney World Next?

75.gif

Me! I hope

lol :p

epcotWSC

What will vs. what should are two different things.

IMO, Epcot should have a new country or two in WS and some more rides. I don't think WS should have big rides though, it would ruin the atmosphere. Big rides should only be Future World. I'm sure they can think of a few more cool futuristic type rides to throw in there too.

DHS needs Star Wars Land big time. It would truly be a HP killer if done right and would change the entire park.

wdwfan4ver

Epcot, has seen some changes over the years, it draws pretty large crowd but being a kid, world showcase doesn't have many good e ticket rides, that is another possible change.
I have a hard time seeing World showcase adding rides. The problem is Disney has been going crazy on adding food places. The fact is TDO sees world Showcase as a place to make money in terms of food and shopping.

The only new thing that isn't food or bathroom related going to Epcot isn't for World Showcase. A new soarin' attraction is being planned to replace the current one, but that is expected to happen in 2015 or 2016.

wdwfan4ver

Right now Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios is having new things being planned.

Animal Kingdom is having Avatarland being planned, but nothing is set in stone for amount of attractions. The fact is there is not concept art yet released and hopefully that will change when D23 Expo happens.

Disney is looking at doing a Disney Hollywood Studios Expansion. The last I read that Carsland isn't that likely based on a few weeks ago, but Star Wars land expansion is getting consideration. That is something that could announced at the D23 Expo.

luv

I originally put this on the d23 post but its probably more suited for this thread.. what I would love to see that will never ever happen?! I was watching the new OZ movie and it dawned on me. Why not create an Oz themed land in DHS? Think about it, you could have the emerald castle, the yellow brick road, some dark ride with the flying monkies, a ride inside the castle like the one at hogwarts at universal. You could incorporate the beautiful land they created in the new movie, mixed with characters from the original...SO much potential. Id prefer that over Cars land. But if i had to choose between star wars/cars land, id go with star wars only because its something new and original. Let DCA have carsland.
Love this idea.

If they must use some movie/franchise thing, I love the idea of the Wizard of Oz. I didn't see the new Disney Oz movie, but the original is beloved by many (not just a cult group), has stood the test of time, is a quality movie and would be amazing to see.

We do already have some in TGMR, but I think that could be re-themed.

Don't think it would happen, but like this so much more than Star Wars or stupid Avatar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom