What will be the next change in an attraction?

What attraction do you think is most likely to change at WDW?

• American Adventure

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Carousel of Progress

• Jungle Cruise

Votes: 44 38.6%
  • Hall of Presidents

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • Haunted Mansion

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (again)

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • The Enchanted Tiki Room

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (post below)

• Tom Sawyer Island

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

imagineer97

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
After Splash Mountain, what's next? Vote in the poll and post specifically what you think will change about the attraction.

Brummyboy92

Jungle Cruise seems the obvious choice in the current climate.

I hope they don't touch the Hall of Presidents. I only went on it last year for the first time, and I had to re-ride/watch it three times throughout my stay, it was amazing. I'm British, so hold no affiliation to US history, nor are we as interested in politics as our American cousins, but it's such an amazing attraction.

Would be a real shame if they drastically changed it to suit people stupid sensibilities.

Gainesvillain

The American Adventure will be changed to the 'Merican Adventure. Waaaaay more Andrew Jackson (the rest were losers), 10-times more Confederacy, a musical number about the second amendment (complete with a variety of assault, I mean hunting, rifles), a COVID 19 hoax reenactment (sans masks), a patriotic poem entitled "All Lives Matter" and maybe a minstrel show about Uncle Remus stories . . . all narrated by Trump. Duh.

(Obviously kidding . . . Now who's being a snowflake?)

KenHutch

When they changed PotC I knew this was coming. And Disney is in such a roll over for everything. They pay lip service fans but anything that the mob asks for the upper management will give them. And they could have avoided all of this by ASKING the fans. Make it a contest or something like it ask everyone if they would mind it without making it looklike one employee got an idea and they just caved. There are not enough good restaurants in the magic kingdom I always sort of hoped we could get a Princess Tiana/New Orleans restaurant in that area.

If the stockholders don’t draw a line in the sand, the whole question is moot.
Walt Disney World, the Vacation Kingdom could very well become Walt Disney’s Special Journeys World.

WD-SJW.

FettFan

This:
latest
-->
3a6d22fdbd553c9fb4b43e4f436eb27c.jpg

FettFan

Jungle Cruise is the obvious choice to remove the stereotypical depiction of natives, including Trader Sam.

Peter Pan's Flight should also be on the list because of the Native Americans. They've been de-emphasized in the ride itself, but considering how racist the depiction is in the film, any reminder of them that unwise.

I don't think it's about "stupid sensibilities," but the attraction as it is invites political conflict into a theme park setting by spotlighting the current president. Returning to something similar to the pre-1993 version reduces that conflict while retaining the spirit of the attraction.

Better idea: "A Salute to All Presidents (But Mostly Theodore Roosevelt)"
st_ep_aa_conservation.jpg

"Suck it, Donald."

Raineman

One person's "unneeded change" is another person's idea of progress. Stop with the assumptions and grandstanding.
Based on this forum and other reactions online in the last week or two, there are alot more people viewing these changes as unneeded than there are people seeing this as progress. But hey, I'll just keep on looking at the facts, unlike the "progressive" people that are demanding these changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom