What will be renovated/added by January 2017?

Fleur de Frost

Original Poster
Hi! :) We'll be in Disney next January and I'd love to know what's expected to be complete by then. So far, I know there's going to be a new Frozen ride and Rivers of Light, but nothing else I know of that's been truly confirmed.

Alsooo - what's the likelihood of Kylo Ren still doing meet and greets at the Stars Wars Launch Bay by that point? I know they're swapping him for Darth Vader next month, and I'd have the happiest birthday ever if I could still 'meet' him there next January. lol.

Thank you! Hope everyone is having such a great week! :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Pretty much the only things that will be finished is what you mentioned Frozen ride, rivers of light etc. HS expansion, Avatar at AK, etc will not be finished until much later than January 2017.
Disney Springs most will be finished by then.
And as for the Star Wars meet and greet they will probably keep rotating Kylo Ren and Darth Vadar off and on so no telling for sure who will be at Launch Bay to meet a year from now. :)

FigmentForver96

Hi! :) We'll be in Disney next January and I'd love to know what's expected to be complete by then. So far, I know there's going to be a new Frozen ride and Rivers of Light, but nothing else I know of that's been truly confirmed.

Alsooo - what's the likelihood of Kylo Ren still doing meet and greets at the Stars Wars Launch Bay by that point? I know they're swapping him for Darth Vader next month, and I'd have the happiest birthday ever if I could still 'meet' him there next January. lol.

Thank you! Hope everyone is having such a great week! :)
Basically what you said plus Sorian should be reopen by then and I imagine the new night safari should be running by next year.

sxeensweet

Awe that does suck! We just went in Oct so we missed them too (not Soarin' though thank goodness). But we will not be back until December 2017 so they will be there then. Have not skipped a year in quite a while so this will seem to take forever for our next trip to get here! But a few days ago I realized in less than a year I will be booking it (beginning of Jan 2017 being we are DVC) so that makes me feel better. Haha! :p:D

Fleur de Frost

Original Poster
Oh my goodness, you guys rock, thank you so much for the help! And I'm sorry for the additional question, just a little confused on this - there's no confirmation for when Star Wars Land will be complete, right? The only thing known is that construction should start sometime this year with no known end date?

mouse_luv

Oh my goodness, you guys rock, thank you so much for the help! And I'm sorry for the additional question, just a little confused on this - there's no confirmation for when Star Wars Land will be complete, right? The only thing known is that construction should start sometime this year with no known end date?

The prediction for Star Wars and Toy Story Lands is 2020.

sxeensweet

Avatar Land will actually be opening early 2017. I've heard March, but I can't confirm that.

Thanks! Last I heard not long ago it was pushed back to 2018. It was initially supposed to be 2017 but who knows! Haha! Hoping its 2017 being we are going back in December 2017 but will not get our hopes up just yet. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom