What was this supposed to be?

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
image.jpeg
i think this 1/2 done building has been sitting off of I4 northeast of WDW/Orlando for at least 10 years.

I was surprised to see it STILL sitting - unfinished when we drove by this past July. I can't remember what exit it was near but it wasn't too far from my family in Deltona & Orange City.

Anyone know what happened to this place/what is was supposed to be?

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Thanks - this has been a mystery to us for years as we drove by and wondered - "Da*** they build slow in Florida!"

So this may actually still get built? It sounds like they never abandoned the project and complete it as they get more funds? Someone posted this on fb asking but someone said it was supposed to be a church - and I was confused - but a religious/church tv station with offices - that makes more sense. Thank you again for posting!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks - this has been a mystery to us for years as we drove by and wondered - "Da*** they build slow in Florida!"

So this may actually still get built? It sounds like they never abandoned the project and complete it as they get more funds? Someone posted this on fb asking but someone said it was supposed to be a church - and I was confused - but a religious/church tv station with offices - that makes more sense. Thank you again for posting!
Hard to say. I have been in construction for 20 years and anything to do with a church tends to be pretty wonky.

The budgets are always shoe string, the labor tends to be a mix of "doing it for cost" and volunteer making it both unskilled and undependable, and when they have to go to real contractors they always want a special deal because it is a church.

While I have never seen anything sit as long as this. I have seen simple warehouse style buildings intended to be a church sit for years.

I would also say the probably 3-4 of the top 5 construction blunders I have seen involved churches using their parishioners as construction labor.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Scary stuff! I can't believe that think is passing inspections - and you need to withstand hurricane force winds too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom