What was the best Year to Visit WDW

meekoman

When I started going again as an adult in 91' it was great, but, the years I thought that was most memorable was for the millennium celebration.

MadMax11

For me, it would be early to mid-90's. My parents bought into DVC literally the day it opened. We would get in to the parks for free...that stopped in 2000. But Epcot seemed to me to be at its best then. MGM Studios was still new. I would get engaged there in 1996 and our honeymoon was there in 1997.

I have been a lot with my kids since my oldest was born in 2000. Those memories overshadow memories of what the parks used to be...but I still recognize there was a resurgence in Disney Parks earlier that they have not yet recaptured. I'm hopeful we're on the precipice of that now.

Unomas

Why does every attraction need a sponsor? I guess I don't understand that. Aren't the parks making enough money to support themselves?

RobotWolf

Why does every attraction need a sponsor? I guess I don't understand that. Aren't the parks making enough money to support themselves?

There are many different opinions regarding sponsorship. The basic concept, whose value has been argued, is that these partnerships enable WDC to present attractions that they themselves are either unable or unwilling to support financially at that point in time.

On one hand, the guest gets more "stuff." On the other, the imagineering objectives get altered by the marketing objectives of the sponsor.

jloucks

Mid 80's were great. However I was looking through the rose colored glasses of a teenager.

Our May 2013 trip was pretty darn good. Our oct 2014 trip was less so. Crowd issues.

We are going mid November this year, I suspect it is going to be rough and perhaps even our last trip until some sort of crowd controls are put into place.

I'm incredibly influenced by the fact that I was a child in the 90's but I feel that was the time. However I would have loved to visit in the first year. My folks tell me about it and it sounds amazing.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
MAKE DISNEY GREAT AGAIN
make-disney-great-again_fb_6423679.jpg

Chef Mickey

The 1990s were the golden years, at least from an attractions perspective. Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror were opening while classics like Horizons and Imagination still existed. EPCOT was FAR better and the opening of AK in 1998 capped off an incredible decade.

Chef Mickey

Look at the attractions we got in the 90s and even up until Everest and look what we get in the Iger era.

It's amazing the contrast. EVERY classic/amazing E-Ticket was built prior to Iger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom