Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Smoky Mountains N.P.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTHER NATIONAL PARK

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cm1988

Original Poster
If you were planning a visit for foreign guests to visit the U.S.A., and they've already been to Orlando, what should be their next destination?

I'll exclude any other Entertainment destination as candidates for this list. The idea is to find somewhere else that is "truly American" (if, indeed, you feel that Orlando is 'truly American').

Dawn S

Nothing is more "American" than Texas!! A few ideas:

1. San Antonio: The Alamo, the Riverwalk, The Tower of the Americas, authentic Mexican cuisine, La Villita, The Institute of Texan Cultures, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Sea World, Botanical Gardens
2. New Braunfels: Natural bridge Caverns, Schlitterbahn water park, Landa Park, The Hummel Museum, the Comal River
3. Houston: NASA, the Houston Astros
4. Corpus Christi, Galveston: Great beaches at both locations

It's also near the Mexico border. OK, so it's not "American", but it is REALLY cool.

If you need anymore info on these places or anything else in Texas, let me know & I'll send ya tons of links & info! Texas rocks!!!!

Monorail Lime

If you go to Texas you gotta stop in Fort Worth and check out Billy Bob's Texas. Everyone must see the world's largest honky tonk sometime in their life! That's real country culture!

cm1988

Original Poster
Acres of bluebonnets...?

Originally posted by Dawn S
Nothing is more "American" than Texas!! A few ideas:

1. San Antonio: The Alamo, the Riverwalk, The Tower of the Americas, authentic Mexican cuisine, La Villita, The Institute of Texan Cultures, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Sea World, Botanical Gardens
2. New Braunfels: Natural bridge Caverns, Schlitterbahn water park, Landa Park, The Hummel Museum, the Comal River
3. Houston: NASA, the Houston Astros
4. Corpus Christi, Galveston: Great beaches at both locations

It's also near the Mexico border. OK, so it's not "American", but it is REALLY cool.

If you need anymore info on these places or anything else in Texas, let me know & I'll send ya tons of links & info! Texas rocks!!!!
Ok, let's say these international guests were going to Texas and wanted to see the 'garden spots'. Not necessarily literal gardens... just scenic spots. Mountain vistas, beautiful lakes; that kind of stuff.
Also in Texas, where would these guests find the best of Texas culture (as you would define it)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom