What to pack

arche

Original Poster
We have a trip booked for the end of January, we were wondering if we need more shorts or pants for this time of year? I know the average temp is 61 so that could be either. Has anyone else visited in January?

napnet

It really depends on how you like your weather. To me (a Floridian) I would wear pants for most of the day. Now the weather here is never predicatable. We went to the beach one Christmas and swam in the water... it was about 80. I would plan for both but again it depends on your tollarance for the temprature.

Remember it will be humid so the cooler temps will feel even cooler. If you dont like the weather in Florida, wait 15 minutes and it will change...

PixiePower

IMO January =pants and sweatshirts unless it is middle of the day with the sun out...then it is still pants with short sleeves...I also always bring gloves with me that time of the year! It gets chilly at night.

Yellow Shoes

Simply the best advice is to check weather.com before you leave.

Remember also that average temperatures of 61 can mean 50 at night and 70 during the day.

When you see them on sale, buy some cheap gloves. They won't take up much space in your coat pockets, and come in VERY handy when you're waiting for Illuminations by the water.

The lockers in the parks are great for stashing coats when it warms up. OR, you could make sure that the jackets you take can be tied around your waist. (yes, it is not the fashion statement you probably want to make, but it is practical. Besides, these people will never see you again)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom