What to expect to happen at a grand opening day?

dvitali

Original Poster
Going to be in Magic Kingdom for Fantasy Land Grand Opening on December 6, I going to guess there will be a rope drop ceremony somewhere in front of the new area by Disney higher ups as the park open.
Lots of people going there first thing in the morning and grand opening merchandise to be found. Will try to have lunch at Beast Castle but I was thinking of saving the Little Mermaid during that night MVMCP when the wait time will be less.
Anything else that might happen to notice?

Patricia Melton

I would really try to avoid FLE on its Opening Day if I was you...it's going to be devoted mostly to media. There will be a lot of fanfare and flourish in the way of really enjoying the place. Lots of lookyloos.

My advice would be to check out the excitement if you want, but don't be disappointed if it's jam packed with people taking video and pictures. Come back the next day if you can to experience all the magic.

I'm waiting until the end of May to bring my family to experience this. We're waiting until the excitement dies down a little so we can just enjoy this at our own speed, without any media getting in our way. I want to savor every detail and to marvel at it all and feel like I am really in the movies that are represented there. I don't want to have that sullied with all the bombast of an Opening Day.

I can watch the Opening Day videos on YouTube because no doubt there will be many.

Ignohippo

I would really try to avoid FLE on its Opening Day if I was you...it's going to be devoted mostly to media. There will be a lot of fanfare and flourish in the way of really enjoying the place. Lots of lookyloos.

My advice would be to check out the excitement if you want, but don't be disappointed if it's jam packed with people taking video and pictures. Come back the next day if you can to experience all the magic.

I'm waiting until the end of May to bring my family to experience this. We're waiting until the excitement dies down a little so we can just enjoy this at our own speed, without any media getting in our way. I want to savor every detail and to marvel at it all and feel like I am really in the movies that are represented there. I don't want to have that sullied with all the bombast of an Opening Day.

I can watch the Opening Day videos on YouTube because no doubt there will be many.

My goodness!

So you've spouted out about how wonderful the FLE is for months and you've never even been there?

wilkeliza

Going to be in Magic Kingdom for Fantasy Land Grand Opening on December 6, I going to guess there will be a rope drop ceremony somewhere in front of the new area by Disney higher ups as the park open.
Lots of people going there first thing in the morning and grand opening merchandise to be found. Will try to have lunch at Beast Castle but I was thinking of saving the Little Mermaid during that night MVMCP when the wait time will be less.
Anything else that might happen to notice?

I'm going to be honest during the day Fantasyland may not be open to regular day guests that day due to press events and such. If it is expect very long lines. I know the other night TLM was already up to 90 minutes. Also know that just because it is MVMCP the waits not be any less back in NFL since it is new and people may have the same idea as you.

If you have another MK day I would say stay away from the MK on the 6th except for the party and come back when the weekend is over to try and see and experience NFL.

dvitali

Original Poster
December 6 will be my last full day in Orlando as I will have a early flight next morning. I going to guess that the media will set up before the park open and most will be gone by noon after they get video shot and the same for Disney higher ups. For the Crowd some will take advantage of the shorter wait time on other attraction as the park open then head to fantasy land by noon until 3pm / 6pm (parade/castle lighting/wishes). Park close for at 7 pm for MVMCP so shorter line at Mermaid until it close at midnight.

IAmFloridaBorn

We were gonna go opening day, but we'll wait until a few weeks after. Seems to have some interesting theming from the videos on youtube!

wilkeliza

December 6 will be my last full day in Orlando as I will have a early flight next morning. I going to guess that the media will set up before the park open and most will be gone by noon after they get video shot and the same for Disney higher ups. For the Crowd some will take advantage of the shorter wait time on other attraction as the park open then head to fantasy land by noon until 3pm / 6pm (parade/castle lighting/wishes). Park close for at 7 pm for MVMCP so shorter line at Mermaid until it close at midnight.

New Fantasyland should be open prior to the 6th so it might be worth checking out earlier in your vacation then. If the 6th is your only day just be open to long lines and crowds back there if they open it up to the general public that day.

Patricia Melton

My goodness!

So you've spouted out about how wonderful the FLE is for months and you've never even been there?

Have you not seen the pictures?

Have you not watched the videos people have posted?

I've followed every detail of this expansion and have read every review and report about it. I can clearly see how wonderful it is.

What's your problem?

Dad 2 M & M

Have you not seen the pictures?

Have you not watched the videos people have posted?

I've followed every detail of this expansion and have read every review and report about it. I can clearly see how wonderful it is.

What's your problem?
Love to hear your summary.
And do you think it will have calmed down by the week of 12/17?

Patricia Melton

Love to hear your summary.
And do you think it will have calmed down by the week of 12/17?

I bet it will have totally calmed down by 12/17 when you are there.

It will still be busy, for sure, but all the media interest will be around the opening on 12/6. So you will be there more than a week after that.

If I was you, I would plan on going to Be Our Guest for lunch and would line up as soon as you can to make sure you get in if you want to try it. Little Mermaid seems to be very high capacity so I doubt you will have trouble experiencing it. If you want to do the Story Time with Belle, you should try to do that as soon as you get into the park too. I don't think that has a very high capacity.

I am sure there will be a lot of people very excited over this beautiful new expansion into our favorite park!

Dad 2 M & M

I bet it will have totally calmed down by 12/17 when you are there.

It will still be busy, for sure, but all the media interest will be around the opening on 12/6. So you will be there more than a week after that.

If I was you, I would plan on going to Be Our Guest for lunch and would line up as soon as you can to make sure you get in if you want to try it. Little Mermaid seems to be very high capacity so I doubt you will have trouble experiencing it. If you want to do the Story Time with Belle, you should try to do that as soon as you get into the park too. I don't think that has a very high capacity.

I am sure there will be a lot of people very excited over this beautiful new expansion into our favorite park!
We have a BoG ADR for 12/23 so we won't need to try for lunch (we also are doing CRT that morning; both castles in one magical day!).
Do you know what attractions in Fantasyland will be open for MVMCP? That's my biggest question.

Patricia Melton

We have a BoG ADR for 12/23 so we won't need to try for lunch (we also are doing CRT that morning; both castles in one magical day!).
Do you know what attractions in Fantasyland will be open for MVMCP? That's my biggest question.

That's a very good question about the MVMCP. I have no idea...but I sure hope they feature the new things that were added to Fantasyland.

I am so happy you are going to CRT. My family has a tradition of having breakfast there every time we go. We've only done dinner there maybe twice over the years because we just love the breakfast so much. It's just so much fun to come into the park and ride a few things and then go to breakfast in the castle and meet all the princesses. It's such a Disney moment for us.

I think our new tradition is going to be breakfast at CRT and then dinner in the BoG restaurant that same day. This way we will get to eat in both castles like your family does!

It will be so magical!

Patricia Melton

And pretty sad that someone's life is so empty that an expansion at a Disney park is their highlight and joy...

Oh sweetie, I have a very full life. Don't you worry about me. I say to what I assume is a grown-man who has an Autobots avatar from a line of children's toys he played with 30 years ago.

Pretty sad that a grown man is stuck in Autobots land in his 30s.

Captain Chaos

Oh sweetie, I have a very full life. Don't you worry about me. I say to what I assume is a grown-man who has an Autobots avatar from a line of children's toys he played with 30 years ago.

Pretty sad that a grown man is stuck in Autobots land in his 30s.
Coming from a 55 year old woman with an avatar of adults dressed as fairies...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom