What to Expect at the D23 Expo

cba

Original Poster
Does anyone have an idea of what may be announced at the D23 Expo this August? This is what I can think of now:
  • Avatarland concept ideas, maps, attractions
  • DHS Expansion (hopefully Star Wars, Carsland, and Indy)
Honestly I can't think of anything else. Either I need coffee or this is just Disney. Maybe there will be some official opening days, I guess. Although I will say if they show things for Avatarland and DHS I won't be disappointed at all.

litaljohn

perhaps they will discuss super limited time magic, mention about a hovercraft that will sell t shirts that celebrate the hovercraft selling t shirts. perhaps they may even hint which 3 hour period expedition Everest will be fully operational for next year.

I'll admit I actually did really like the dapper Dan special medley week. I say now go the other way. DAPPER DANS DO OZZFEST!

luv

Check the News and Rumors section. This is exactly the kind of stuff they discuss in there. :)

wdwfan4ver

I can tell you want to expect out of D23 Expo for sure out of the Disney Parks and Resorts Presentation:

• DVC stuff being presented such as Grand Floridian DVC
  • Disney Cruise Line stuff being presented
  • Stuff for Disneyland/ DCA being announced
  • Oversea Disney Park stuff such as more Shanghai Disneyland info
  • FLE Mine Train being talked about
  • Next Gen being talked about
Stuff that could be announced or talked about at D23 Expo:
  • Carsland for DHS
  • Disney Springs
  • Mystery Epcot Project
  • Monsters Inc. Door Coaster for DCA
  • Marvel attractions for Hong Kong Disney Land
  • Star Wars Land for Disney Land Paris
Stuff that is a long shot to be announced or talked about at D23 Expo
Star Wars Land for DHS. The first issue is WDW1974 mentioned there would be Star War Lands in overseas Disney Parks first unless something has changed.The other problem is there is different rumors where the Star Wars expansion is going to happen and that means that plans can't be far enough to be announced at 2013 D23 expo unless something changes behind the scenes. 2015 D23 Expo might be more likely to have something announced in terms of Star Wars.

Tron attraction for Disneyland is a long shot. Tron is a Disneyland Rumor that Miceage mentioned, but it seems like Monster Inc. Door Coaster is something Disneyland wants to do for DCA first according to miceage due to Disneyland management wanting DCA Crowds to spread out. That means Tron attraction is more likely to be announced at 2015 D23 Expo unless the plan gets scrapped.

michmousefan

I'll be shocked if JJ Abrams doesn't make an appearance at the Movies presentation. Heck, he might even bring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford out on stage and of course, D23 would be the perfect venue to announce the title of Episode 7.

wdwfan4ver

From a movie standpoint:
Expect Marvel, Pixar Movies, and other Disney Movies to be announced at D23 Expo based on what was announced iat 2011 D23 Expo in terms of the movie presentation.

I agree with Michmousefan that JJ Abrams not making an appearance at the Movies Presentation would be a shock and that D23 would be the perfect venue to announce the title of Episode 7.

michmousefan

From a movie standpoint:
Expect Marvel, Pixar Movies, and other Disney Movies to be announced at D23 Expo based on what was announced iat 2011 D23 Expo in terms of the movie presentation.

I agree with Michmousefan that JJ Abrams not making an appearance at the Movies Presentation would be a shock and that D23 would be the perfect venue to announce the title of Episode 7.
Yep, Disney is looking for ways to give their event legitimacy as a worthy rival to ComicCon and leveraging the Marvel and Lucasfilm properties will be a big part of that, just as they introduced the cast of The Avengers on stage all together at the last Expo.

In addition to all the Marvel stuff, they also might bring Joss Whedon out to discuss the new Shield TV show on ABC as well... as he has the reins to the Marvel/Avengers world, at least cinematically.

wdwfan4ver

There has been any Indy attraction Rumors for expansion that Martin,Lee or WDW1974 mentioned. That means it isn't happening.

While there was one member member that mentioned an Indiana Jones attraction last year, that person wasn't backed up in that rumor happening by other members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom