What to do in February trip?

totallyminnie88

Hi all,

My fiance and I are annual passholders who live three hours away from Disney World. Needless to say, we go a lot, but tend to do the same things over and over again. We will be in WDW Saturday, February 16 to Sunday, February 17 --- wondering if you all had any suggestions for hidden or not-as-well-known stuff to do in the parks (besides rides) or at the resorts?

For reference:
- We love food! I'm thinking of going to Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory for the first time - do you recommend this for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Or any other resort restaurant?
- We're not big MK fans but I really want to go on this trip since it's been a long time. Is there anything adult-friendly to do at MK besides Be Our Guest? It's been a REALLY long time since I've been to this park and don't usually pay attention to its updates.
- We love anything animal-related, but have exhausted almost everything at AK. Haven't been to UP! A Great Bird Adventure yet though....

Sorry if this is vague! Would really just love to hear what activities you do at the park when you're not on rides. We'll probably be staying at the Wyndham next to Downtown Disney if that's helpful...

winniethepluto

Caribbean beach resort recently updated its lobby/restaurant area and now have Sebastian’s Bistro which I’ve heard is good for lunch and dinner. As for Magic Kingdom restaurants, we liked Tony’s (Lady and the Tramp themed Italian restaurant to the right of MK entrance) and the Plaza restaurant at the end of Main Street has good bottomless milkshakes and a neat atmosphere. I’m sure you’ve already checked out the ape trail and maharajah jungle trek at AK, but the maharajah jungle trek is especially fun right now because the tigers born last year are pretty active and run around/play a lot more now. If you like animals, try eating at Sanaa in the Animal Kingdom Lodge during the day so you can watch the animals through the windows while you dine!!

Upvote 0

JohnD

If you're looking for "adult" things then maybe the Festival of the Arts in Epcot? Don't waste your time at the Up bird show. It's that bad. If you want a good breakfast, lunch, or dinner, then I recommend Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. As said above, Sanaa is also good for lunch or dinner.

Upvote 0

pvtim

If your intention is to do the MK...think about a monorail crawl - either drinks or food. There are great lounges (California Grill, Tambu Lounge and Mizner's to get drinks and/or small plates) or you could hit quick services (Contempo Cafe, Capt Cooks and Gasparilla Grill) for a different take at each meal. That gives you adult friendly options when you need to escape the MK. Throw in Ft Wilderness and you get more selections and the ability to go through the stables.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

They also have the “Highway in the Sky” Dine Around Progressive Dinner. It visits the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian resorts. At each resort, you get different food & drinks. It ends with watching the fireworks over the Castle. I really enjoyed it. Just make your reservations before you go. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom