Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

nat_mychelle

Just read both of your reports!!! They were great! My husband and I are going to WDW in December for a late honeymoon! We had a couple of meals that I couldn't figure out which restaurants to reserve for those times. After your first report I booked 1900 Park Fare and after this one I booked Whispering Canyon! Thanks for taking the time to write them!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Just read both of your reports!!! They were great! My husband and I are going to WDW in December for a late honeymoon! We had a couple of meals that I couldn't figure out which restaurants to reserve for those times. After your first report I booked 1900 Park Fare and after this one I booked Whispering Canyon! Thanks for taking the time to write them!

Thank you so much for reading! My friend just went to Disney and Universal for her honeymoon and they took awesome photopass pictures! She took a million magic shots and it makes me want to honeymoon in Disney! Glad I could contribute to your dining plans :) :) They both were amazing meals, and I was sooooooooo full, if you couldn't tell already. Have a wonderful time and congratulations :)

Rickster7

Bump! Love your trip reports. If you did land and sea again, would you do the cruise at the end or switch it to the beginning of your trip? I was wondering since I am planning a land and sea trip in August.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Bump! Love your trip reports. If you did land and sea again, would you do the cruise at the end or switch it to the beginning of your trip? I was wondering since I am planning a land and sea trip in August.

Hmm that's a tough one! The cruise is definitely more relaxing than the parks, so I guess it depends on when you would want your relaxation time to kick in. However, the cruise also has a million things to do so it was not as relaxing as I thought it was going to be.. we were constantly on the go and never once slept in! I think since we only did the 3 day cruise we tried to jam in all that we could. I wish we had sucked it up and did a longer cruise! I think I preferred the parks first because of all the walking we did in the heat and then the "bumming it" part, but I really don't think you can go wrong. Either way, you will have a blast! I would recommend land and sea to everyone!

rubydoo2

Wow! I just spent a good few hours reading through this entire trip report... so much fun! I am so jealous, you looked like you and your friend had an absolute blast!

I've been considering a Disney cruise in 2017 and we were thinking of going on the Dream... you've totally convinced me!

Hope you get another trip booked soon so we can look forward to another trip report from you! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Wow! I just spent a good few hours reading through this entire trip report... so much fun! I am so jealous, you looked like you and your friend had an absolute blast!

I've been considering a Disney cruise in 2017 and we were thinking of going on the Dream... you've totally convinced me!

Hope you get another trip booked soon so we can look forward to another trip report from you! :)

The cruise was awesome, you will definitely enjoy it! Disney makes everything amazing... you should write a trip report if you decide to go in 2017!

Trying to book another trip, hoping 2016 has one in store for me! Thank you for reading... hope they were a good few hours! I has an absolute incredible trip and was so happy to share on the forums! We all help each other get by those harsh days outside of Disney World!

me_stitch

Premium Member
Disney should have people troll these reports and then reward people like you with a free trip or something, I've read a lot of good trip reports on here but yours takes the cake. I'm taking my daughter this coming August for a daddy/daughter only trip so reading your August trip report has us pumped up and wanting to leave now. Awesome report and great pic's. Hope you get to go again soon.

jabbamfhutt1

The only reason I joined the site a couple years ago was so I could comment on your last report. This one is even better I think.

My daughter and I are lucky enough to go to Disney World every year for about the last 8 years. In 2016 we are going to Disneyland and then back to Disney World in 2017 after everything new in Animal Kingdom is open and the Frozen theme is finished at World Showcase. Hopeful that maybe more stuff at Hollywood Studio will be available too by then.

You will understand -- this will make it feel like 2 brand new Disney experiences. Our first trip to Disneyland and then a much different Disney World in 2017.
We love Disney a lot and I think this will make it even better as we get to see new such new things for 2 consecutive trips. Normal people would say I'm crazy. You get it.

My daughter wants you to come with us on both trips. I agree. Come have fun with us and then we all get to read your reports when it's over!

Seriously, you have given us all a lot of pleasure with your reports. You and your friend are awesome and so generous to share your fun and talents with us. It takes a lot of work to do trip reports and I hope you realize how much it is appreciated.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Disney should have people troll these reports and then reward people like you with a free trip or something, I've read a lot of good trip reports on here but yours takes the cake. I'm taking my daughter this coming August for a daddy/daughter only trip so reading your August trip report has us pumped up and wanting to leave now. Awesome report and great pic's. Hope you get to go again soon.

August will be here before you know it! Thank you so much for commenting, I really didn't think anybody would read let alone enjoy my trip reports! A daddy/daughter trip sounds amazing! What a special little princess :) August was hot, but if you go in knowing that already, it really doesn't phase you! Disney is Disney! :) :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
The only reason I joined the site a couple years ago was so I could comment on your last report. This one is even better I think.

My daughter and I are lucky enough to go to Disney World every year for about the last 8 years. In 2016 we are going to Disneyland and then back to Disney World in 2017 after everything new in Animal Kingdom is open and the Frozen theme is finished at World Showcase. Hopeful that maybe more stuff at Hollywood Studio will be available too by then.

You will understand -- this will make it feel like 2 brand new Disney experiences. Our first trip to Disneyland and then a much different Disney World in 2017.
We love Disney a lot and I think this will make it even better as we get to see new such new things for 2 consecutive trips. Normal people would say I'm crazy. You get it.

My daughter wants you to come with us on both trips. I agree. Come have fun with us and then we all get to read your reports when it's over!

Seriously, you have given us all a lot of pleasure with your reports. You and your friend are awesome and so generous to share your fun and talents with us. It takes a lot of work to do trip reports and I hope you realize how much it is appreciated.

Wow.. thank you soooo incredibly much for your kind comments. I really didn't think my trip reports could make so many people excited about their upcoming trips, and I am so glad I sat down and wrote them!

Thank you so much for reading, and I am so down to come with you!! :) Disney is my true home, was hoping I was the powerball winner last night so I could coordinate flights with you. :) There's always Wednesday!!

Thank you again for reading, and for letting me know you appreciated it! Sometimes it's hard to remember the magical happy times when you are depressed after coming back home, but I felt like my pictures brought back that joy and it just flowed out into words. I hope I get to go again soon, I am missing my world so much. And Disney land is on my must do list! I want to be where Walt was.

me_stitch

Premium Member
August will be here before you know it! Thank you so much for commenting, I really didn't think anybody would read let alone enjoy my trip reports! A daddy/daughter trip sounds amazing! What a special little princess :) August was hot, but if you go in knowing that already, it really doesn't phase you! Disney is Disney! :) :)

I lived in Tampa for 3 years, living in Seattle my kids have no idea how hot and humid it can get in Florida, both our previous family vacations to DW were in December '08 and October '11. And boy do I wish she was still a little princess, she turns 17 in March so this trip is kind of a last hoorah before she graduates next year. :( She's like me, loves all things Disney.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I lived in Tampa for 3 years, living in Seattle my kids have no idea how hot and humid it can get in Florida, both our previous family vacations to DW were in December '08 and October '11. And boy do I wish she was still a little princess, she turns 17 in March so this trip is kind of a last hoorah before she graduates next year. :( She's like me, loves all things Disney.

What a special trip! I tell my dad I will always be his princess, he is the King Triton to my Ariel. Enjoy your trip, the memories will last forever. :)

dancingtodisney

@prfctlyximprct me and my sister have wanted to do a cruise ever since reading this trip report... We finally decided that September 2018 we will do the 4night cruise on the Dream for my 30th Birthday!! We decided on Friday and made a reservation and then I came back to re-read this trip report and got so excited!! I know it's AGES away and we are back in WDW in October THIS year first but I've never been on a cruise before so it's a big deal... ANYWAY I decided after reading this to upgrade to a verandah so we made the changes and GUESS WHAT?? We are booked into room 9138!!! What are the chances??! I wonder if those beers are still there?? Haha! I hope you don't mind us taking over your room but I promise we will treat it well... Thank you so much for this wonderful trip report! Xx

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
@prfctlyximprct me and my sister have wanted to do a cruise ever since reading this trip report... We finally decided that September 2018 we will do the 4night cruise on the Dream for my 30th Birthday!! We decided on Friday and made a reservation and then I came back to re-read this trip report and got so excited!! I know it's AGES away and we are back in WDW in October THIS year first but I've never been on a cruise before so it's a big deal... ANYWAY I decided after reading this to upgrade to a verandah so we made the changes and GUESS WHAT?? We are booked into room 9138!!! What are the chances??! I wonder if those beers are still there?? Haha! I hope you don't mind us taking over your room but I promise we will treat it well... Thank you so much for this wonderful trip report! Xx

That is the best 30th birthday ever!!!!!! And what a small world! I cannot believe you will be in the same room!!!! It's a beautiful room and the verandah is soooooooo worth it! I think I was out there most of the time LOL!!!

You will LOVE the cruise. It's everything you love about Disney along with a tropical vacation. I cannot say enough good things about the Disney cruise line. It was an absolute blast, and I know I will be cruising again in the future! I have always wanted to do the Alaskan cruise...

Maybe all the following guests of room 9138 have paid it forward with alcohol options. LOL! What a small world! I cannot wait to hear all about your trip! It will be so amazing!!!! Make sure you order cookies and a MICKEY bar to eat out there on your verandah!!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom