What Snacks are the Best Value w/ the Dining Plan?!

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
Hi Friends!

What are your favorite and/or best valued snacks you've encountered on Disney property? We'll in in WDW for 9-10 days with a dining plan so we'll have a TON of snack credits to use.

Obviously we can get easy things like ice cream or pretzels, but what are some of the lesser known "snacks"? A friend of mine mentioned getting a small bowl of lo mein that counted as a snack credit a few years ago and another mentioned mac n' cheese - both of whom said they were worth snack credits but were enough to qualify as a small meal themselves.

We'll be going to each of the 4 main parks, plus a day at Universal, then we'll have 2-3 days for resting and/or hitting Disney Springs or checking out other resorts.

Chip Chipperson

It depends on when you go. During the Food & Wine Festival in Epcot, there are a ton of great snack credit values at the various Festival booths, like the filet mignon in the Canada pavilion booth. My wife and I tend to not use the credits for anything under $5 to try to maximize the value of the Dining Plan (when we get it). I'm sure the other Epcot festivals have comparable snack credit values, too. But not every festival menu item is eligible for the Dining Plan so you have to check the menu board first, but you can piece together a decent lunch with 2-3 snack credits if there are enough options that look appetizing to you.

I believe some Starbucks beverages are eligible for snack credits as well.

This is a pretty good resource for snack credit ideas: https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...ney-dining-plan-snack-credit-values-for-2020/

MickeyCB

I agree with the poster above. It depends on when you go but the Epcot food booths are a great use of credits. More bang for the buck.
But I will also admit to taking home plenty of Mickey rice crispie treats when we get to the last day with some to use up. And despite lots of people insisting on their poor value, it's awfully fun to have one to eat after you get home.

Raineman

I don't think I could pick one favourite, as stuff like Dole whips and Mickey ice cream bars are standard during our visits. I did try the cheeseburger egg rolls during our last visit (from a food cart on the entrance to one of the MK hub bridges-can't remember if it was Adventureland or LS), and it's definitely a new favourite, and not a bad value, as you get 2 that are the size of a spring roll (most of the value to me is in the taste, not the serving size).

ELG13

I asked a similar question and we have egg rolls from the cart in Adventureland, pulled pork Mac and cheese in animal kingdom, and the sweet and spicy waffle from sleepy hallow on our list so far. I also am determined to find a cream cheese stuffed pretzel this time too!!! We always look forward to the pretzels and POPCORN. I literally crave WDW popcorn.

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
It depends on when you go. During the Food & Wine Festival in Epcot, there are a ton of great snack credit values at the various Festival booths, like the filet mignon in the Canada pavilion booth. My wife and I tend to not use the credits for anything under $5 to try to maximize the value of the Dining Plan (when we get it). I'm sure the other Epcot festivals have comparable snack credit values, too. But not every festival menu item is eligible for the Dining Plan so you have to check the menu board first, but you can piece together a decent lunch with 2-3 snack credits if there are enough options that look appetizing to you.

I believe some Starbucks beverages are eligible for snack credits as well.

This is a pretty good resource for snack credit ideas: https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...ney-dining-plan-snack-credit-values-for-2020/

I didn't know the Festival foods would be eligible for the Dining Plan! We'll be there during Food and Wine so that's the best news I've heard all day!

Kringla Bakery in Norway at Epcot has many yummy snacks.

Funnel Cakes I think in my opinion are one of the best snacks available.

LOVEEEE Funnel cake. I'll add it to my personal list!

Also depends where you’re staying.

If you have a freezer, you can get a 500ml tub of ice cream (the nice Haagen Dasz) for 1 snack credit! ❤

Whattttt?! I will hunt down some ice cream if I have to! Love it!

I don't think I could pick one favourite, as stuff like Dole whips and Mickey ice cream bars are standard during our visits. I did try the cheeseburger egg rolls during our last visit (from a food cart on the entrance to one of the MK hub bridges-can't remember if it was Adventureland or LS), and it's definitely a new favourite, and not a bad value, as you get 2 that are the size of a spring roll (most of the value to me is in the taste, not the serving size).

I've never tried a cheeseburger egg roll! I'll have to keep an eye out for them, my daughter would live on cheeseburgers if I let her.

Define value. What are you looking for? The most filling? The most calories? Ones that would cost the most if you were paying out of pocket?

All of the above! Taste is my primary concern, but I'd rather spend $2 out of pocket for a small snack then use a snack credit that could have gone toward something for $5+.
I also love the idea of a couple of snacks that could be put together to be made into a full meal. I'm not a huge "snack" person (although I'm a sucker for the occasional Mickey Ice Cream or Funnel Cake) so anything that's not a typical "snack", but counts as one is great to know!

I asked a similar question and we have egg rolls from the cart in Adventureland, pulled pork Mac and cheese in animal kingdom, and the sweet and spicy waffle from sleepy hallow on our list so far. I also am determined to find a cream cheese stuffed pretzel this time too!!! We always look forward to the pretzels and POPCORN. I literally crave WDW popcorn.

Pulled pork mac n cheese?! I've never heard of it, but that sounds delicious! I'm adding that and the cheeseburger egg rolls to my list. My daughter always suckers me into getting a popcorn pail, so I know we'll have one (and use it well). I'm not a huge cream cheese person, but both my boyfriend and daughter are so I'll have to keep an eye out for those pretzels too!

Thank you all for your help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom