What should we expect while Disney works on the Expansion?

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
Will we loose some magic? All of this news broke while I was at Disney World and when I returned my computer blew up. :ROFLOL:Needless to say I am a little behind. We were thinking of returning to the world maybe late next year, but in the back of my mind I am thinking it will be a construction nightmare and Fantasyland & Toontown will be closed. I am guessing it will be done in stages, and I plan to read the pages of information on it, but can someone bring me up to date on all of this?

Figment632

Toon Town could close as early as 01/01/10 but nothing in FL will close during construction. All of the new construction is in the old 20K plot and Toon Town.

EPCOTPluto

It's not going to affect the majority of the attractions in FL, but the area containing Dumbo, Ariel's Grotto, and Pooh's Playful Spot will be affected. Here's the plans originally leaked several months ago...

fantasyland_plans.jpg

And another member's superimposed map of it:

FLsuperimpose.jpg

I would also think it could be done in phases, but look at the Communicore/Innoventions makeover.... :lookaroun

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The effect on the parks should be minimal. Most of the initial construction will be on the old 20k plot. It will be a year or more before they get into toontown and when that happens the characters will be relocated. About the biggest guest impact that I foresee is when the Dumbo ride is shut down and relocated and when barnstormer is rethemed.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
Wow, this really looks neat. Is there a list out there of everything that they are adding and what the stages of construction will be?

Also, will it be the same Dumbo ride, or are they making a new kind?

mrowl

It's not going to affect the majority of the attractions in FL, but the area containing Dumbo, Ariel's Grotto, and Pooh's Playful Spot will be affected. Here's the plans originally leaked several months ago...

And another member's superimposed map of it:

FLsuperimpose.jpg

I would also think it could be done in phases, but look at the Communicore/Innoventions makeover.... :lookaroun

But these plans are no longer correct, right? In the concept art, Pixie hollow is on the back side of FF, and new Dumbo is closest to barnstormer...

_Scar

But these plans are no longer correct, right? In the concept art, Pixie hollow is on the back side of FF, and new Dumbo is closest to barnstormer...

It's a bit confusing. Pixie Hollow seems a bit more larger, and Dumbo is now by the Barnstormer.

vonpluto

walls ,walls and lots of walls[/QUOTE]

It will be Wallie World. Wally? Wall-e?
Oh the heck with it.

Het, Coatesville huh? I gotta drive up there for a wedding today!:)

PirateFrank

Does anyone have a clue as to when the actual construction walls are going up?

Im going down on Nov 29th and I had plans to take extensive video of the 'old' fantasy land so I had a memory of it...

_Scar

Probably within a few weeks before or after January for construction, but idk if walls are even necesary if they do BatB and TLM first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom