What should star tours become?

What should star tours become

• Total voters

Pepper's Ghost

Hadn't thought of that. Guess we should all stop attending MuppetVision 3D and make it happen. :)
I love SW, but bite your tongue! Muppets Vision 3D is fantastic! There's a whole SW land for all of us to enjoy. No need to k!ll the Muppets...
Muppets murders v2.gif

Pepper's Ghost

I get to go about every 5 years although next year might be my last (not anything disney related per se just i associate the park with my parents and since they are older I dont think i could handle going once they are gone).
Wow. I'm sorry to hear this. Of course no one can tell you how to feel, but I'd hope you'd be able to start a new tradition in honor of your parents. Obviously we on this board don't know your personal situation, but I'd hope that you and sibling, child, partner, friend, or whoever could start a new tradition of visiting the parks. If your reasoning was being upset with Disney and didn't want to consume their product, that'd be understandable and I wouldn't question it; however, I'd think your parents after their time comes would want you to continue to enjoy the parks for the memories, and also in honor of them. After my dad passed 21 years ago, there were tons of things I could've decided to no longer do because they reminded me of him. Instead, I decided to honor him. One example, on the night of my wedding my new wife and I decided to stay overnight at the hotel that not only we met at, but my dad worked at for roughly 25 years. I worked their with him for 3 of those years. Tons of memories there, but we did it in honor of him. We had our reception at our favorite venue, but it was his favorite restaurant as well. You're very lucky to still have both of your parents at this point in life.

That said though, each person is entitled to grieve how they are most comfortable. I hate hearing that anyone would stop visiting a place they love because of grief.

addacollier

If the logistics allowed, I’d move the Star Tours building so the exit would go straight to Galaxy’s edge. So the simulator would take you to Batuu.

ppete1975

Original Poster
Wow. I'm sorry to hear this. Of course no one can tell you how to feel, but I'd hope you'd be able to start a new tradition in honor of your parents. Obviously we on this board don't know your personal situation, but I'd hope that you and sibling, child, partner, friend, or whoever could start a new tradition of visiting the parks. If your reasoning was being upset with Disney and didn't want to consume their product, that'd be understandable and I wouldn't question it; however, I'd think your parents after their time comes would want you to continue to enjoy the parks for the memories, and also in honor of them. After my dad passed 21 years ago, there were tons of things I could've decided to no longer do because they reminded me of him. Instead, I decided to honor him. One example, on the night of my wedding my new wife and I decided to stay overnight at the hotel that not only we met at, but my dad worked at for roughly 25 years. I worked their with him for 3 of those years. Tons of memories there, but we did it in honor of him. We had our reception at our favorite venue, but it was his favorite restaurant as well. You're very lucky to still have both of your parents at this point in life.

That said though, each person is entitled to grieve how they are most comfortable. I hate hearing that anyone would stop visiting a place they love because of grief.
So i first went to disney in 83 as an 8 year old and i grew out of disney as i got older. After my nephews were born we all decided to come back and i fell back in love with the parks. The parks to me will always be my parents, we have a breakfast spot we have a routine and a million memories certain rides and esp epcot are part of us. If i went after they passed it would be sad as i would see them everywhere and not enjoy myself (i know how i am so no advice on coping needed). Instead ill go to disneyland or universal or europe. Theres a bajillion places to go and enjoy including walts original park. But with costs changes and what will be memories that haunt me to a point that i wont enjoy it ill prob not choose disney world.

Just to further explain the prev post.

tl77

Since no one can get on Rise of the Resistance, they should probably leave Star Tours alone, or start adding in things from the Disney+ series to it

yensidtlaw1969

I love Pigs in Space idea. It works well that there really isn’t any formed expectation of them decades after their peak. So imagineering could run in any direction, and I’d love to see them really give guests an upfront and personal experience of all the mind blowingness of our universe. With comic relief!
Imagine seeing on the monitors that Link Hogthrob somehow missed boarding, and the shield opens to reveal Miss Piggy as the pilot for our flight? That ride would be UNHINGED.

I know Disney would never do it, but I absolutely dream of the potential.

2600loop

Very well said, I appreciate the thoughtfulness and sentiment of your response.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom