What should star tours become?

What should star tours become

• Total voters

Club Cooloholic

Don't change what isn't broke. Star Tours is a great ride with the ability to constantly update the experience to keep up with new stories. Now I wouldn't argue a new next-gen simulator experience in a lightyear or natgeo spin somewhere else in the park.
Yup. Rode this last trip and it surprised again with 2 planets we had never been to before.

AndyS2992

I'd rather it be rethemed since I hate the fact there's a whole Star Wars land and then you have Star Tours and Launch Bay just dotted around the rest of the park. Looks messy and silly not to have it all in one place. But if it stays, then it is what it is. Disneyland has the same issue, even worse actually, Star Wars land with Star Tours, Hyperspace Mountain and Launch Bay in Tomorrowland so essentially have two lands themed to Star Wars lol Overkill.

Pepper's Ghost

you hush your mouth!!!

LOL Ive always feared that as well. I would be ok losing Indy.. but leave echo lake gertie and muppets.
I too have long feared this. It's been more than a decade since I've vacationed in WDW (although I did have a 1-day visit about 4 years ago). I'm honestly surprised that wasn't my last Muppets Vision show about 13 years ago. I've been dying to go back the last 12 and 1/2 years... until recently. I have little desire at the moment given the current state of things, which includes much more than Disney changes. The swelling crowds just don't appeal to me either. Sorry, went off topic for a minute, but I'm thus far relieved Muppets hasn't fallen to the cutting room floor.

ppete1975

Original Poster
I too have long feared this. It's been more than a decade since I've vacationed in WDW (although I did have a 1-day visit about 4 years ago). I'm honestly surprised that wasn't my last Muppets Vision show about 13 years ago. I've been dying to go back the last 12 and 1/2 years... until recently. I have little desire at the moment given the current state of things, which includes much more than Disney changes. The swelling crowds just don't appeal to me either. Sorry, went off topic for a minute, but I'm thus far relieved Muppets hasn't fallen to the cutting room floor.
theres always d23 this year :(..

I get to go about every 5 years although next year might be my last (not anything disney related per se just i associate the park with my parents and since they are older I dont think i could handle going once they are gone).

And everytime that I go, Muppets, living with the land, and cop are things i always do because i fear they may not be there next time.

Djsfantasi

I voted for Pigs in Space, because of the proximity to Muppet 3D. GE seems to have space for more attraction entrances and the actual attraction building could be located behind the mountains. The back border could afford to lose a gift shop for an entrance.

JustAFan

It's fine like it is, but one way to make it really cool would be if you were miniaturized to the point that you could be inserted into a human body and could explore all throughout the bloodstream and major organs and you could see what a splinter would look like from inside the body. That would be cool and wouldn't gross anybody out. Now that I think about it, that would probably be a better fit at Epcot, like in a wonders of life pavilion.

bork

It's fine like it is, but one way to make it really cool would be if you were miniaturized to the point that you could be inserted into a human body and could explore all throughout the bloodstream and major organs and you could see what a splinter would look like from inside the body. That would be cool and wouldn't gross anybody out. Now that I think about it, that would probably be a better fit at Epcot, like in a wonders of life pavilion.
That would go well with an Inside Out show where you go inside the head of a teenager.

Musical Mermaid

Remove it and put in a different ride system, preferably dark ride. DHS needs more of those. It’s tough being at that park and not having a lot of ride options if you’re prone to motion sickness or don’t meet the height requirements. Maybe it could be themed to Muppets since that’s nearby or something else. I don’t see why DHS needs to have 2 Star Wars simulators at this point.

Disstevefan1

I am fine with it staying star wars, especially with the Endor AT-AT scene outside (i would hate to lose that)
But with Lightyear coming out.. it almost seems perfect (if the movie does really well and merchandise moves)
Of course pigs in space would be awesome.. but have the Muppets really referenced that since the 70s?
This is one that I would rather not do a new IP... since its such a basic ride.
Keep it the same so it’s at least one Star Wars type ride I have a chance of getting on still..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom